x

Feature Request: Kiosk / Hide Options

Verified Answer

Since we cannot seem to get the actual functionality for a self service kiosk, can we at least get an update to the app, so that we do not see the menu items for things an employee does not have access too? (e.g. if the employee does not have access to reports... why does the menu item display? Seems it would make sense to remove instead of clicking on it and see the permissions error. 

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Since we cannot seem to get the actual functionality for a self service kiosk, can we at least get an update to the app, so that we do not see the menu items for things an employee does not have access too? (e.g. if the employee does not have access to reports... why does the menu item display? Seems it would make sense to remove instead of clicking on it and see the permissions error. 

252 Comments
Square

Hi @Pinch. While this is definitely a popular feature request, I'm not personally aware of any alternatives. I am happy to share your interest in this functionality with our Product Team. Thanks for taking the time to post in the Seller Community! 

I'm trying to use the Square Point of Sale app in an iPad as a donation kiosk for a non-profit organization. I was hoping that the only section of the app that can be accessed is the "sale" screen where a user can enter a donation amount and finalize the transaction. I activated the employee function and limited the access in the employee permissions panel. Unfortunately, many other functions are still available including the menu on the left and bottom which allow the donor to see activity, library and many more. 

Is there a way to have access limited to only transaction screen and block access to rest of the app? Your help is much apprecitated.

Thank you!

Square Community Moderator

Hi @msun

I've moved your post over to an existing thread that we're using to track seller interest for this feature

It's not available at the moment, but there are some workarounds in this thread that might help. 

If we make any changes that might help with this in the future we'll be sure to update everyone. 

Please add me to the list of Square Point of Sale customers that would love a kiosk mode!

A self checkout feature is one that I am also interested in!  Thank you in advance!

Alumni

@gdesanto & @ProteinPaletas

Thanks for chiming in on this feature request. I'll be sure to let our Product Team know. 👍

I am a huge supporter of Square and it's features.  Touch Bistro is a competing iPad POS that has a bunch of features that people are currently asking for.  I too am highly interested in a kiosk mode for my food truck plus a customer display option.   I found the beta for the display but truckers are talking and people are moving to different platforms because of the slow responses from square.   Another example is tipping while ordering online.   A basic function not available and these hacks are so unprofessional to use.   Touch Bistro also has it's own KDS system, although a 1 time purchase where square has a 3rd party app for 10-20 dollars a month.  So there are competitors taking your customers with valid usable features.   Another issue is preauthirizations on credit card deposits.  Not on square, again a standard feature for processing.

Hello @AZCorpGames, I wouldn't necessarily call Touch Bistro a competitor since we partner with them for payments processing. I agree Touch Bistro has a number of great solutions for restaurants, but it's import to note that their packages start at $69 dollars a month and can cost as much as $399 dollars. Then you will have to choose a company to process your payments as well. 

We are tracking requests for a kiosk mode, but I don't have a timeline I can share publicly for when it might be available. The same goes for tipping on online orders and preauthorizations. 

If there are any updates I can share I'll make sure to tag you @AZCorpGames

I'd really like this feature, and we had a good discussion going until someone at Square deleted it.

Super Seller

There is no self-order mode for Square POS.  It is definitely something people are wanting.  I believe I have seen other users build one using the Square API but I wasn't able to find a link to share immediately.