x
Beta Member

Does Square work with Pirate Ship?

I use Pirate ship but I can find it in the app. store on Square.

Message 1 of 57
2 Best Answers
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

While the 2 do not integrate directly, I do use Pirateship easily. I just copy the name & address from my Square orders into Pirateship. Voila!

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 57
Beta Member

Best Answer

You can export your orders from the orders list for your website, add the shipping details, and then upload the completed file to Pirate Ship.   You then download the shipping file with tracking numbers from Pirateship and add the tracking numbers to the individual orders on your site. 

View Best Answer >

Message 42 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
Square Community Moderator

Hey @geekster,

If it doesn't show in the app store, that would mean we're not partnered with them or compatible.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 57

Are there any plans or current efforts to integrate?

Message 3 of 57
Alumni

Nothing in the pipeline as of yet, but we'll update our Partnerships page if anything changes 

@czsmith

Justin
Message 4 of 57
Beta Member

Please integrate with PirateShip. This is the shipper that many of us use and since your system doesn’t have a report that includes customer addresses, we can’t even use it manually. Shopify has an integration with PirateShip and I suspect many in my business will go to them instead. PLEASE integrate with PirateShip!

Message 5 of 57

I would love for Pirateship to integrate with Square. 

Angela G

Message 6 of 57

there is shippo that does exactly what PirateShip does and is integrated with square

Message 7 of 57
Beta Member

Actually, it does not.  For those of us who use Media Mail for books or other physical media, Shippo doesn't handle it.  

Message 8 of 57
Admin

👋 Hi everyone! I noticed that Shippo came up in this conversation and wanted to mention that we are hosting a Q&A next week with their team.

If you'd like to ask any questions directly, check out this post: Shippo + Square Q&A: Ask Shippo about shipping, returns, tracking and labeling!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 9 of 57
Beta Member

I don't know shippo through experience and I see that for me it would be a loss with shippo. My product (jewelry) is small and not heavy. In looking at shippo I could see that their pricing doesn't go light enough. With Pirateship my 2oz packages go for under $3.50 to most US.  So, for that reason I wish square would partner or do the necessary work with Pirateship. Good to compete with other platforms Square. Shippo may be great for some and not for all. Doubt there is a perfect one for all.  Difference matters, too.

Madeline she/her
Message 10 of 57

I use pirateship and square for my business  everyday and it would be perfect for us if pirateship is integrated here. It would be easy, faster for many people right now using both. Please we need this new feature!!! 

Message 11 of 57
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

While the 2 do not integrate directly, I do use Pirateship easily. I just copy the name & address from my Square orders into Pirateship. Voila!

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
Message 12 of 57
Alumni

Thanks for sharing your solution here, @Thevioletfox! 🌸🦊 

Valentina
Message 13 of 57

How do you determine what to charge for shipping when the customer checks out on your square site?

Message 14 of 57
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @kkoehn4789 , I have a couple of different options set up.  I sell books so this may be completely different based on what you sell. For me, I offer USPS Priority shipping and have it setup based on the number of items in the order. 1-2 items costs $8 to ship, 2-3 items costs $10 to ship, 4-5 items costs $12 to ship, and so on. I came up with this just based on averages and experience. Sometimes it's a little low and sometimes it's a little high, but it about averages out right.  I also offer Media Mail, which is a little different. That's a flat fee of $3.18 per item. Again, if the book is over 1 pound, then I end up eating a little of the cost, but it averages out. It's not a perfect science, but its the best I've come up with so far. I'd be happy to share my shipping tables with you if you want to see them.

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
Message 15 of 57

This is not a good solution at all. 

Message 16 of 57
Beta Member

I, too, do the copy and paste thing. Time is $ and it takes time (not a lot).  The question begs an answer though.  WHY doesn't square integrate with Pirateship?  There might be a real reason.

Madeline she/her
Message 17 of 57
Beta Member

Hi Thevioletfox, I use Pirateship too.  And while I'm selling a bit here and there it is fine.  IF however, my sales go up (approach/avoidance) I'll be slammed.  If Square and PS could integrate or sync or whatever the term is life could be smoother.

Madeline she/her
Message 18 of 57
Super Seller

@Madeline The copy and past takes a mere 3 seconds, I can print postage for dozens of Amazon sales per hour.

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 19 of 57
Beta Member

wish I were as fast as you!

Madeline she/her
Message 20 of 57

@Thevioletfox I am new to all this, would you mind sharing your table with me please?

Message 21 of 57