x
Beta Member

Does Square work with Pirate Ship?

I use Pirate ship but I can find it in the app. store on Square.

Message 1 of 57
2 Best Answers
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

While the 2 do not integrate directly, I do use Pirateship easily. I just copy the name & address from my Square orders into Pirateship. Voila!

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 57
Beta Member

Best Answer

You can export your orders from the orders list for your website, add the shipping details, and then upload the completed file to Pirate Ship.   You then download the shipping file with tracking numbers from Pirateship and add the tracking numbers to the individual orders on your site. 

View Best Answer >

Message 42 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
Super Seller Alumni

Absolutely. Here's what mine look like right now:

Let me know if you need/want more info or have questions 🙂  Hope this helps!

Thevioletfox_0-1650548184480.png

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 22 of 57

Ty so much. It gives me a better starting point to work with.

Message 23 of 57

I am just starting out and trying to figure out how this all works. I understand the basic concept of setting up shipping, but I was under impression that the upgrade I did included real-time shipping, but it doesn't.😫 so if i use pirate ship, my everyday shipping I use, how do I set up shipping when they don't offer option? I am a gift shop that does vinyl, sublimation, resin, etc. Varying product sizes ? 

Message 24 of 57
Super Seller

@RGebhardt ;

For Online ordering you would need to know the Size Length, Width, and Height of each Item you wanted to ship after it is placed in a Shipping box and its weight.  Since yours are all different Weights and Sizes this would be difficult to setup.  Since you have used Pirate Ship for your Retail stores shipments, you could look up the sizes of Boxes you have shipped and get ideas for the weight's and sizes of your shipments.  For my online store I need to fill in the size and weights of each item and the over size of a shipping boxes and the amount of candles that can fit in the different boxes.   This works for the most part but every once and a while for the smaller Items I make my shipping rates a little lower than the calculated ones because shipping would be more than the Item itself.  

This is why some online sellers figure out an average shipping cost and include that in their Online stores price then offer "Free Shipping" or they will calculate Shipping costs on an average and charge that rate for shipping that Item.  The closer customers might be over charged and the farthest away might be under charged, which should balance out in the end.  

Since Pirate Ship uses USPS and UPS mainly you could set your store up to try to calculate these out by entering the weights and size of your common items and then see what these charges are.  I am not sure if the Shipping calculator would charge Retail Shipping or a discounted shipping rate.  Then compare this rate to Pirate Ships.... if the calculator uses Retail Rates you should be ahead but your customers may complain your shipping costs are too high.  My calculator uses my UPS and USPS accounts to calculate the retail costs or close to it, again it is close and not always accurate.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 25 of 57

If I use say, UPS or USPS which is already offered, do I then need to do shipping profile still, will they calculate for me or is this real time only now only in premium for $75😠 I just am confused on how to do a flat rate or free shipping when I dont know how much each item will cost to ship, I sell mugs, tshirts, stikcers, etc 

Message 26 of 57
Super Seller

@RGebhardt ;

My understanding is the real time estimates for shipping is only with the $75 premium deal.  

Well lets use the Mug for example.   What size box would you ship your Mug in.  Including packaging material to protect the mug. (Bubble Wrap, Peanuts etc)  Say your mug is 4 inches round, 5 inches high, and 6 inches from Handle to opposite size and weighs 3 lbs.  Add 1 to two inches for padding and 1 lb for the weight of your packaging on top of the weight of the mug.  Should not be that much.  So you need a box of 8x7x6 or so if adding 2 inches around the mug.  Do you have a box that you have sent these mugs in before that you know the measurements of?  Put this into Pirate Ship since that is what you want to use.  Find out the rates for your customers that you currently ship to.  Then figure out What % go local and what % go the farthest.

For me to find the lowest shipping I ship from my store to my home address, 10 miles.  Since I am on the east cost in PA, my highest shipping costs are to FL and or California.  So in Pirate ship I would use the 8x7x6 and 4 lbs for the package and my home address for Lowest price, and rates to California for highest.  To get an address far from you I use some # and Main St of a city far from me.  Sometimes I get invalid address then I use Zillow for an address in that area.  Get an average price for the mug shipping then repeat for other items.  Now if you are in Iowa for example you would be in the Middle basically of the country and your shipping rates could be lower, or if your in Maine your rates could be higher.   All shipping is calculated by weight, size, distance and value of the item shipped so no ones shipping calculations will be the same.  This is the hardest thing for anyone to calculate when starting and is the hardest thing for software to calculate in real time which is why it is expensive to add to an online store.  The other thing to realize is 1 Mug to ship is more than shipping 4 or 6, since each mug is more expensive to ship individually than 6 in one large shipping box.  More calculations to consider.  

For my store online shipping of my inventory to me might be 30 cases and cost $500, but I ask if they can ship it LTL and my shipping drops to $130 for a pallet of 30 boxes of the same items.  Not only did shipping decrease for the 30 cases but there is also less damage usually.   

When pricing things on Pirate Ship, you can get ideas what the pricing is and not Purchase the Label.   So you can use this to get your rough calculations and then figure out your own formula to come up with a shipping cost or an additional cost to mark your shipped items price at.  Plus lately shipping prices change so quickly it is hard to stay ahead of these costs.  

Even with paying the $75, you need to enter the shipping box sizes and weights and how many of an item could fit in that box.  

Good Luck coming up with an easy solution for different sized items.  This is why people limit sizes when doing online stores.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 27 of 57

I would like Pirateship integrated into square. It would make things much easier. 

Message 28 of 57

Oh integrating Square with Pirate Shipping would be AMAZING! Please do! 😃

Message 29 of 57

I use Pirateship. I would love for it to integrate with Square. 

Message 30 of 57

Done  

Angela G.

Message 31 of 57
Beta Member

I also use Pirate ship.  The easiest way to export your order file, add all the weights and dimensions, and then upload the spreadsheet to Pirate Ship.  I would love it if they would integrate it with Square.

Message 32 of 57

I would love for Pirateship to integrate with Square. 

Message 33 of 57
Beta Member

I also use pirate ship. Square and pirate ship do not integrate with each other. But, all you have to do is ; create a single label, manually put in your addressees info and your all set.

Nancy McManis
Message 34 of 57
Beta Member

Yes, true. If sales are slow it works. If there is a heavy flow, it would slow things down. Integration is the way!

Madeline she/her
Message 35 of 57
Beta Member

Adding another vote to integrate with PirateShip... it ranks right up there with Square for favorite small business applications.

Message 36 of 57
Beta Member

thecandlestick

- you are right!

Madeline she/her
Message 37 of 57

Please add it 

Message 38 of 57
Super Seller

I use Pirateship and copy and paste the address, works very well.

And Pirate ship has no fees unlike Shipo, Endicia, and Stamps.com

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 39 of 57

I vote to integrate with Pirate Ship too!  

Message 40 of 57

I would like to be able to import my orders from Square to Pirateship as well. 

Message 41 of 57
Beta Member

Best Answer

You can export your orders from the orders list for your website, add the shipping details, and then upload the completed file to Pirate Ship.   You then download the shipping file with tracking numbers from Pirateship and add the tracking numbers to the individual orders on your site. 

Message 42 of 57