x

Does anyone know how to connect square to squarespace to set up delivery collection options?

Hi, I'm new to Square and currently trying to finish off my website in squarespace. It's connected to Square for payment but I'm struggling to work out how to set up my cart options for payment etc, especially delivery/collection options.

I've completed my Inventory in Squarespace, pricing/seo/and additional options etc, but I want to be able to stipulate that some products are for collection (between certain times or certain days, and some can be delivered), but I can't seem to find any options or information on how this can be done and would gratefully appreciate any help.

Is there a way of doing this in squarespace or do I have to do this through external apps/extensions etc or through Square itself!?

I have connected my account to Square and Stripe for payment options etc, and just wondered how others had been able to do so, and if so how? - and if this option was something that had to be integrated through (Square/Stripe) rather than squarespace.

The options i see listed for collection/deivery on Square seem to imply that I have to add a weebly site or possibly re-enter all my inventory items on Square, or do I have to import them and then add/change my options in square once imported.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @cloudhouse

This is an excellent question. There is a thread in the Community, that has some excellent feedback about trying to integrated Squarespace and Square. I would like to make a note that these are two different companies, so the integration would not be seamless. 

@jdbswl was able to provide some useful insight with their Best Answer. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Thanks for the reply @Kassi_.

It's quite daunting trying to work out where to implement things between the two platforms as neither give you clear indication as to where things are concerning all the options we need, and finding out who is in control of what is so difficult to find.

Setting up the basics in both platforms seemed quite easy, but the most important feature, 'payment options' between the two and what can and can't be done seems to be somewhat of a nightmare when you're trying to ensure it's set up right.

If it's wrong to start with it can have major implications for new businesses and for newcomers like me it restricts our ability to learn or implement our plans.

I come from a web design background and find these new plug n play site builders are worse than coding by hand!? I'm ok with using apps but you never know whats available, what you need or if they'll actually do what we need till it's either too late or we've spent even more money on something that should have been made easy in the first place.

Sorry for the ramble, I've been chasing my tail online for days now and no nearer ever getting the simple elements of my site setup so I can actually use it. It's just tiresome watching video after video to find that none of the info shown is relevant, but you don't know till you've ploughed through hours of them...

But thank you anyway, it's just another disgruntled day, one of many I fear.

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for your candor, @cloudhouse. It's always appreciated. When it comes to integrations, it can be tough working between two different platforms. 

I would be happy to send this over to our Product Team as a Feature Request for our side of the integration pain points you mentioned. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

Hello!

"I have connected my account to Square and Stripe for payment options etc" - how did you do this?

Thank you,

Mignon

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hey @cloudhouse, do you think you have any insight to share with @prairieplantshp?

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 8

Hi, after wrestling with every aspect of squarespace and discovering that it just wasn't anywhere near as beneficial or user friendly as I'd been told and having wasted nearly a month chasing links, watching videos, trying to find plugins and suchlike to do the simplest of things, I eventually found a solution.

I signed up with square, created a site with their online platform and it solved all my issues in the first few days.

It's so much more intuitive and also has a much better setup for restaurant/food based industry. Squarespace may well be a great platform for other forms of business but in my short experience on here trying to get it to work was nothing but a miserable time intensive clusterf*ck.

Message 7 of 8

I had to leave squarespace as it was nothing but a nightmare, nothing worked, all the options i wanted to implement simply weren't available and core elements for a food based business just didn't exist. When you spend more time on forums, youtube and scouring the internet for 'possible' solutions than you do working on your business, it's time to call it quits.

I joined square, set up a new site mimicking my existing one and solved all my issues almost straight away, and have full support for my site, something sorely lacking here.

And can actually use payment options which i wasted days trying to set up here, only to find out that they're not even implemented.

I liked what squarespace promised, but in reality it failed my needs miserably. For the same price per month i have a site i can work with without wasting most of my day on here and other forums trying to fix stupid little oversights that we as owners need from the offset.

Message 8 of 8