x

Does the Square Reader work with the Droid Turbo 2?

Hello. I was wondering if the Square Reader work with the Droid Turbo 2?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post! @VanKalkerFarms is correct, because the Droid Turbo 2 isn't listed on our compatibility page, it doesn’t look like we have any data available for this device. While you may be able to process payments without any issue, we can’t guarantee compatibility with this device and the Square Reader.

There are several thousand Android devices on the market, and we strive to support them all. In some cases, however, the Android device may meet all the requirements for compatibility, but still not communicate properly with Square hardware or the app.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 9

Best Answer

The swipe reader works fine on the Turbo 2. I've been using it on mine for several months now. It is just the contactless reader that I have not been able to use. It won't maintain a blue tooth connection.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

I am having trouble connecting to my turbo 2 also.
Message 2 of 9
Super Seller

Here is square's list of compatible phones for their wire less chip reader.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5584-devices-compatible-with-square-contactless-and-chip-car...

Here is a compatability checker

https://squareup.com/compatibility

I see the droid turbo listed, but don't see the droid turbo 2.  that doesn't mean automatically it won't work but isn't on the list of approved devices.

Message 3 of 9

I am having trouble with my turbo 2 also. 

Message 4 of 9
Square

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post! @VanKalkerFarms is correct, because the Droid Turbo 2 isn't listed on our compatibility page, it doesn’t look like we have any data available for this device. While you may be able to process payments without any issue, we can’t guarantee compatibility with this device and the Square Reader.

There are several thousand Android devices on the market, and we strive to support them all. In some cases, however, the Android device may meet all the requirements for compatibility, but still not communicate properly with Square hardware or the app.

Message 5 of 9

In my opinion, you do not move fast enough on supporting new devices.  Eventually, all of us have to upgrade devices.  By the time we compare your compatibility list against our providers offerings, we aren't left with much to choose from.   Unless, of course, we like Apple products. Or we are willing to replace a phone with less than the latest model.  Just the truth.

Message 6 of 9
Square

@execglenn - Totally understand where you are coming from. I'll be sure to pass along the feedback to our product liaison team. But just as a background, we're continually adding new devices to our compatibility list - we just have to test them out first. The manufacturers don't give us early access. 😕

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 7 of 9

The Turbo 2 has been on the market for some time now so this is not a valid excuse. My question is will the swipe reader still work? I contacted support with my issue and was given instructions on how to return the reader. If the swipe reader is in question then I will be choosing another provider 

Message 8 of 9

Best Answer

The swipe reader works fine on the Turbo 2. I've been using it on mine for several months now. It is just the contactless reader that I have not been able to use. It won't maintain a blue tooth connection.

Message 9 of 9