x

Donation on POS system?

I can't seem to find how to add a donation question on the POS (not the online version) All I want to do is ask for donations when people use their card on our retail system.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hello @herschelsblackm and thanks for your question. I do not think there is a donation "button" or direct option on the POS. You could create a new item yourself, and call it donation. You can either set a specific "cost" for the donation or leave it blank and type it in during checkout. If you are using a barcode scanner, you could even create a sign or sheet at the register to scan a donation in for the customer. But if you're looking for a donation button on a customer-facing screen (on Square Register or ipad POS), I do not think that is available.

I hope this helps answer your question. Thanks for being a member of the Square Community!

Message 2 of 6

We are also a non-profit, and we use the dual screen POS for our thrift store. We've had many people ask about how to donate above the cost of their thrift store purchase.

I've been told that someone will mention it to the design team.

That was a while back, so obviously it's not that easy.

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Please add an option to change the name of "Tip" to "Donation"

We are a non-profit, and this wording would benefit us greatly.

[This post was moved from the event titled "Q&A with the Customers team: How can we meet your business branding needs?" to the Discussion board by a moderator.]

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Hey @LyceumTheatre, thanks for bringing this up. I went to check and, while the ability to change the text on the tipping button isn't available, there is a workaround in this thread that might be helpful. Have a look at @HC_Charlie's reply above — hope this may work as a solution for now.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 6

Although this might be a work around for some, if your thrift store sales are separate from donations, it would just throw off your drawer at closing.

Message 6 of 6