x

Drive Through Display

Hello, I am working with a company that utilizes square for all of their pos needs in their business. They are opening up a drive through window and want to add a display that will show their order as it is taken over the speaker. Just like at other drive throughs out there (think McDonalds).

Is there a way to pull the information for a ticket being created, or immediately after it is created and display it on a screen, via a website or any other method that does NOT involve an iPad device and an app. Being dependent on iPads everywhere is not so great. I can code or have something coded if need be I just need to know if it is possible.

So far I have searched around and all I find are solutions to display tickets with an app and an iPad. I need to display tickets on a webpage or via another method. Is it doable? Can you perhaps point me in the direction? Is there a special API I can tap into?

Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hello @jhaury!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community and welcome 🎉

I have heard of sellers using Square for the drive-thru, but I cannot specify if it is used with an iPad/Square Register or if they found a browser functionality. I know for sure that our open tickets do not currently show up on browsers.

@KarmaCoffee @redscoffee @Danay @Edds @janeslanding have all been in the Seller Community previously and mentioned their use or interest in drive-thru functionalities with Square. Perhaps they can offer some insight into how they've implemented this. 

Otherwise, here are some other apps we integrate with that may be useful. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 3

I don't know the answer but would love to be updated if there is one!

Message 3 of 3