x
Beta Member

E mail not available

I have customers who are elderly and do not use or have email or customers who will not give me their e mail , yet to enter payment  up an e mail is required. Why? And how do I get around this?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @DEBAHENSIL,

Thanks for reaching out.

You shouldn't need to enter an email in order to take a payment - are you referring to this screen where you're being asked to send a receipt once a payment has been completed? You can just skip this step!

Let me know if I've misunderstood or you're referring to something else here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

No....This is on my laptop....for taking a payment that is by cash or check.

Message 3 of 8
Admin

@DEBAHENSIL

Are you using Invoices by any chance? If so then a cell phone number can be used as an alternative to email, though note this system has been built as an email based Invoicing system for full functionality.

If you're just looking to record cash or check transactions though, you can also do this via the POS app without needing to enter an email address!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

Thank you.... where I am having this issue is in the appointments Calander. I am a salon so I like working from the calendar as clients leave the salon to check them out so I can actually see that they were checked out and paid by the color change. 

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Ok I see @DEBAHENSIL. I'm not sure why our system makes you input an email there. I see what you're saying, though, because I just went to test it out myself. As a workaround for your older clients who may not have email, you could set up an email account to input each time for those who don't have an email account set up. That way, the receipts are forwarded to the email account you've created and you can print them up from there if any of your clients need them somewhere down the line.

Probably not the most ideal solution but it could work for the time being. I'll make sure this feedback gets to our Product Team, though!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

That is what I have been doing.... most do not want a receipt.....I can print one from my square terminal if they do but it is just time consuming toeing in an email to record payment.  It also would be nice if I could use Square appointments on my laptop and the clients be able to see the charges on the Square terminal. If they are paying with a card I have to do it all from the terminal and then on the appointments calander it does not change it to paid.  The two should be able to work together.  

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Understandable @DEBAHENSIL. Sorry that it's not working out in a way that's easy for you right now. I can pass that along to our Product Team as a feature request in the mean time. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have other questions about the checkout flow.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 8 of 8