x
Square

Early Access to Instant Transfers

Hey Sellers 👋

Would you like to be able to transfer your Square Balance instantly to your bank account? Well our Balances & Transfers Team has been hard at work, and we are ready to start beta testing this popular feature today! 

Instant transfers don’t require a commitment to use all the time, but are great for those times you need to access your money now. Instead of waiting the typical 1–2 business days you currently have for a standard transfer to the bank, you’ll have a new option to instantly transfer your Square Balance to your bank account, even on weekends and holidays! Keep in mind that each instant transfer costs 1.5% of the total transfer in addition to Square’s standard card processing fees

Note: only Visa Interac cards can be linked to your Square account at this time.

To join this beta click the link below to join the Beta Community and our group of other sellers in the program. We'll share set up instructions and answer any questions you have in the group. 

As a member of our  Beta Community, a private community you can provide input, get support on latest features, report bugs, and submit product requests.

Get Early Access

Your participation and input is important to us. When you provide feedback, you help improve your future experience with Square. We thank you for your time and hope you have a great day. 🇨🇦 

Elyn (She/Her)
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Update: Instant Transfers are now available in Canada! 🎉 Link a debit card to instantly send funds to your linked bank account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for a 1.5% fee per transfer. 

Learn how to set up and manage instant transfers in our Support Centre.

Note: Only Visa debit cards can be linked to your Square account at this time.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Update: Instant Transfers are now available in Canada! 🎉 Link a debit card to instantly send funds to your linked bank account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for a 1.5% fee per transfer. 

Learn how to set up and manage instant transfers in our Support Centre.

Note: Only Visa debit cards can be linked to your Square account at this time.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

My VISA debit doesn't work here. "Card Not Suported". So.... how do we fix this?

Message 3 of 6

We've been "marketing-messaged" to get instant access to funds with the Square card.  That lead me to believe that it was instant transfers.  Instead, it appears to have been a way for you to sell MasterCards?

In addition, Royal Bank here in Canada (which is where I bank) is phasing out Visa Debit cards.

So, no instant "transfer" for me right?

Message 4 of 6

I don't have a VISA debit nor PLUS card, and none of my other cards are "supported". I am not able to get past this screen to set up my business. How do we fix this?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Shakticat - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

Only physical Canadian debit cards with Visa Debit or PLUS network support can be linked to your Square account at this time. If you do not have this type of card, you also have the option to link a bank account for your transfers.

You may also want to check out Square Card. Square Card is a free business expense card that is connected to your Square balance. Take a payment, and the money you earn is reflected in your balance. You can spend that money with your Square Card anywhere internationally that Mastercard® cards are accepted (including in person, online, and at ATMs). To learn more about this feature, please see this article from our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6