x
Alumni

Early Access to the Android Appointments App!

Hey folks!

I’m very excited to announce that we are recruiting sellers for an early access program for Square Appointments on Android!

appts-android-01.png

As of right now, the Appointments functionality in the app is very limited. You’ll be able to view a calendar of your appointments and personal events one day at a time, view the details of individual appointments, and check out those appointments directly in the app. Anything you'd typically do in Square Point of Sale-- creating items, managing customers, sending invoices-- you’ll also be able to do from this app.

We’ll be regularly adding more functionality to the app as we move towards launching it to everyone, but I want to make sure you know that this is an early access version-- if it were end-to-end ready with all the features needed for anyone to use it, we’d just skip ahead to launching it to everyone!

Being part of the early access program means you'll be able to provide feedback, and the Appointments product team will listen closely to your input. We may reach out to talk directly about how things are going from time to time. Your thoughts and suggestions will help us shape the path we take from now to launch and beyond!

If you’re interested, please reply to this thread and we’ll reach out via email. We’re keeping our audience limited to start, so we may not be able to invite you to try it out immediately. But we’ll be sure to reach out to everyone and let you know when you should expect an invitation to join.

Thank you all for your help as we continue to work towards launching Appointments on Android. I personally can’t wait to see this thing go out to everyone-- I know there will be at least 12 pages worth of happy sellers when that happens 🙂

Cheers!

Devon M

Product Manager - Square Appointments

Message 1 of 413
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you to all who have shown interest in testing the Square Appointments app! Also, thank you to those who have reached out to the beta team to gain access! 

I have good news for everyone! The Square Appointments App is now in Open Beta! This means you can download app from the Google Play Store or by selecting this link on your Android device

You can create, manage and take payments for your appointments directly from the Square Appointments app. You can also view upcoming and past appointments as well as customer information.

We are finalizing things and tuning out a few tweaks, but plan to GA very soon! 

Please go ahead and download the app! Feel free to share feedback here or at betafeedback@squareup.com 

Thanks, 

Howard, Square Beta Team

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 408 of 413
412 REPLIES 412

I expressed interest in the app a few months ago and still have not heard anything from square about it. Is the beta still open?

Message 274 of 413

I haven't heard anything from Square regarding my reply. How long does it normally take to get signed up?

Message 275 of 413
Admin

@destinielmt @nailsbymindyh @Restorative I'm very sorry for the delay! Our team is still working on this for each of you and they'll email you as soon as they can.

Thanks again for your interest in the early access program, and for your patience! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 276 of 413

I would like to try it out. Thank you!

Message 277 of 413
Beta Member

So, it has been over 6 months and still nothing about when or even IF there will be an app for this for Android. Has Square given up? No one has been contacted about it, no updates, NOTHING!

Message 278 of 413

I still haven't received anything either, and it has been months. I bet they have some sort of agreement with apple and have no intentions of releasing anything for droids. They just continue to tell us what they think we want to hear.

Message 279 of 413
Admin

@ArTherapeutics @jamiemartin1981 I'm really sorry for the delay. The Appointments team is still working on the early access program for the Appointments app and they'll reach out to you as soon as they can.

Thank you very much for your enthusiam for this app and for your continued patience!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 280 of 413

Hi Helen,

any idea what the turn around time on contacting us is? I wanted to use square appoinments but don't really see the point if I can't actually use appointments to schedule and then invoice my clients for there actual appointments and have an accounting of what is and isn't paid for. I amy as well just be using google calendar?? (I actually assumed when I set up square appointments that is would do the billing etc, otherwise what is the point?)

Message 281 of 413

Interested! 

Message 282 of 413

Early access to the android app is critical for me right now,  can I please be included. 

Thank you, 

Lynne

Message 283 of 413

I would really like to be apart of this. Can I get the early app?

Message 284 of 413

I'm definitely interested in testing this app! I need to use it daily! Please let me know if I can be part of this tester team! 

Message 285 of 413

I own a massage business and would like to assist in beta testing Square Appointments for Android. I previously assisted with beta testing a very similar app which lacked one important feature: Square Appointments has the ability to link directly to google calendar. Please add me as a beta tester. Thank you!!!

Message 286 of 413

I no longer need to be kept on the list as a possible beta tester. I'm using another company's scheduling app and have pre-paid for a year. I simply couldn't hold off on automating this part of my business.

Message 287 of 413

I am have been using square for months for all my credit card processing, and using the website for square appointments since there is no app for android, but without the app it's very difficult. I downloaded the beta version of square recently and was wondering how I can be added to try the square appointment app for android??

Message 288 of 413
Beta Member

I have been using Square for four years now and just started Appointments. I would like to be added to the beta group. Thank you!

Message 289 of 413

I am interested in the early access to the Android appointments app.  Currently use the internet to schedule my massage clients on desktop and my Galaxy S2 tablet.

Message 290 of 413

Please put me on the list. I am a single person online and mobile business. Appointments are important to my business as I do travel to my customers and they have said that they would love to book another appointment but I could not schedule them right then and there so they did not schedule a second appointment. I have lost customers since switching to Square appointments because I can not schedule from my LG K20 Plus.

Message 291 of 413

Hello Katherine, I did a trial w Square Appts and because of not having the app for convenience nor the appointment categorization Fx  available, I did not switch to them yet. I am with Timely scheduling and it is amazing. Might be a great alternative until Square Appts is fully loaded. 

Message 292 of 413
Beta Member

I'm interested in the early access for the android app. I just switched from iPhone to android and I lost my appointments app!!! I really need this app to be available for android!! It's the key to my appointments for my business!!

Message 293 of 413

I would like to be a beta tester, but I'm getting the vibe from other's posts that this will happen next to never.

Message 294 of 413