x

Editing saved tickets now makes the whole ticket reprint again

We are a small restaurant and when customers call ahead we save their ticket so it prints to the kitchen so they can make the order and then later when they come in and pay we bring up the saved ticket. Often people call back again and add more to the ticket or upon pick up end up adding drinks etc. It used to be that when editing a ticket only the new items added would print to the kitchen, but recently this behaviour has changed and it prints the whole ticket again, not just the new items. This is becoming a problem for the kitchen as they believed it was new items added and needed to be made to add to the order. Why has this changed and how do we get it to go back to just printing the new items to the kitchen?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Salt747 ๐Ÿ‘‹Thanks for taking the time to write into us here on the Seller Community. Good to hear from you again!

This is interesting, indeed. I'm not privy to any recent or specific changes in regards to the Open Ticket process - but I'm reaching out directly to some of our Product Teams to inquire on whether this change is intentional or if it can be troubleshot/edited.

As soon as I have a bit more information for you, I will bounce back here and let you know. Please stand by!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for your patience here, @Salt747

Sure enough, this looks like a software issue on our side. Our Engineers are actually already aware due to other Sellers like yourself reporting the same kind of issue. Once a formal fix is rolled out, we will bounce back here and update accordingly.

Thanks again for flagging this over!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for looking into it. I look forward to hearing about the fix ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 4