x

Email Marketing Campaign Management: Notifications and Unsubscribed Customers

Hi everyone,

Clunky inquiry, but here goes:

I did an announcement that I was closed for a week in April. The "campaign" is long over, but I'm still receiving campaign summary emails. 

1) What is the usual time that Square would end these types of emails? I am not finding where I can manage these emails to select, "Campaign is over" or whatever to select, to show that I'm not in need of this information any longer. I don't want to unsubscribe from receiving these emails overall, just about *past* campaigns.

2) The report shows that two people have unsubscribed. Is there any way to see who these customers are? And does that also mean that they will not recieve their receipts to this email address? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Stellar732 — circling back on this post. Thanks for bringing this up and apologies for the delay!

I did some digging around and found some more information that will hopefully make this more clear.

1. Firstly, once you've completed (or canceled) a campaign, it should stop showing up within your emailed Square Marketing Summary within four weeks. I'll be noting your experience with this with our Product Liaison team.

2. Regarding your second point, yes! You can view which email addresses have unsubscribed from your mailing list by following these steps. Unsubscribing from an email campaign will not affect the ability to receive digital receipts.

Please don't hesitate to reply with any other questions or let us know if anything else come up! 👍

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Stellar732 — circling back on this post. Thanks for bringing this up and apologies for the delay!

I did some digging around and found some more information that will hopefully make this more clear.

1. Firstly, once you've completed (or canceled) a campaign, it should stop showing up within your emailed Square Marketing Summary within four weeks. I'll be noting your experience with this with our Product Liaison team.

2. Regarding your second point, yes! You can view which email addresses have unsubscribed from your mailing list by following these steps. Unsubscribing from an email campaign will not affect the ability to receive digital receipts.

Please don't hesitate to reply with any other questions or let us know if anything else come up! 👍

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 14

@Tom,

Thank you so much for your help! While it is cumbersome and time consuming to run the CSV report and search through it, I truly appreciate you getting back to me! 

Message 3 of 14
Admin

@Stellar732, glad that helped! Thank you for taking the time to let me know. We appreciate your flexibility as we're working to improve based on customer feedback. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 14

Is there a way to re-subscribe a client if they hit it on accident?

I like to see how things work for myself, listed as a client.  I have hit unsubscribe..... and there doesn't appear to have an oops button.  Thank you!

Message 5 of 14
Square

That's a good question, @MissMandyr32. Though unfortunately, once a customer has opted out of receiving marketing emails, there is not a way to resubscribe.  

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Message 6 of 14

I have a followup question on this topic - I ran the Unsubscribed report (Export CSV) and noted two inviduals who unsubscribed.  I then went back to the same Email List and saw their two names still listed within the group.  Why is that?  Will they be excluded from future emails in that group??  Thanks!

Message 7 of 14
Square

@Yellowheartsis - If they unsubscribe, they'll be removed from your reachable audience. They'll still appear, as they're still part of your Customer Directory. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 8 of 14

Hello, we received a mail from a customer saying that he had unsubscribed but continued to receive email messages on subsequent campaigns.  Could you let  us know what has to be done to ensure he receives nothing more?

Message 9 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @chadmalm - thanks for reaching out to us here again on the Seller Community! So sorry for the trouble here.

If your customer has confirmed that they have manually unsubscribed from your businesses Marketing correspondences, but are still receiving emails, we would recommend having them reach out to their individual email service provider. Email settings can orient differently depending on the specific email provider.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 14

This may need to be added to a different thread, but I'm still not sure how to "end" or "cancel" a current marketing campaign.

ALSO - how to remove a customer from the marketing emails? Like, a customer who rarely shops, but often leaves snarky comments in the feedback to the marketing emails. we'd rather just send him receipts instead of market to him (without deleting him entirely) - for the total of the $90 per year he spends.

Message 11 of 14

Hi @Stellar732 these are great questions.

Follow these steps to cancel a recurring campaign, or a campaign with a coupon:

1. Visit Marketing in your online Square Dashboard
  2. Select the Active campaign you’d like to cancel > click View > Cancel.
  3. Select whether you’d like to still honor unredeemed coupons or cancel and invalidate them.
  4. Click Cancel Campaign.

For this customer to be removed from the campaigns in general, he will have to click "unsubscribe" at the bottom of your campaigns (this will be ideal so he doesn't receive anymore), or you will have to manually delete him from your Customer Directory. 

AshleyK
Message 12 of 14

Hi Joe- I have had several regular customers email me saying they are no longer receiving our emails and did not unsubscribe. I have checked the directory and all those that have reached out are listed as "unsubscribed". How do we remedy this? They have tried to sign up for the newsletter list again, but that does not work. Am I going to have to switch to another email marketing platform? Are there any solutions I'm not aware of? Thanks so much!

Message 13 of 14

Hi there, @homespun1 - thanks for reaching out! The only option to resubscribe your customers to marketing emails would be to do as you have already tried, top manually subscribe via your site. If this action is not working, most likely their email address is undeliverable - or they've blocked Square correspondences in general.

Joe
Message 14 of 14