x

Email Marketing Reports

Was there ever a report of clicked links for marketing campaigns? I could have sworn the last one  I sent showed how many people had clicked on each link. Now I don't see it.

imho it's only minimally useful to see only open and unsubscribe numbers, but with no other info about customers and what they are engaging with, who unsubscribes, opens, etc.

The "sales" generated by each campaign is somewhat interesting but not all that useful. I wouldn't say the sales are necessarily attributable to the coupon because plenty of them are my regular clients who would have come in anyways. It feels more like marketing for Square email marketing. Again, interesting  to have but I'd rather see more stats on how customers interacted with the email. Also, bulk editing of lists, but I mentioned that before.

Also, I deleted several drafts, but they keep coming back.

I did notice that you can now go back to editing without getting that big red your work will be discarded message. And drafts are now saving properly. Thank you.

I am giving maybe too much information, not really to complain, but trying to give feedback. 

Thank you.

Lisa

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Lisa, thanks for the feedback. We're continuously working to improving our products, so feedback is always appreciated. Just wanted a share a few things: 

- There was a report of clicked links before, and we are currently working to restore it back.

- We're also looking at ways to introduce better bulk list editing.

- We've fixed a number of issues with creating/deleting drafts so keep me posted if you start seeing any more issues.

If there are any other metrics that you think would help you better assess the impact of your marketing campaigns, then feel free to share those and I’ll channel your feedback to the team. Thanks!

Message 2 of 5

@RB - Thanks for your reply. I had to go back to Constant Contact. I liked the idea of everything being integrated, but Square's email marketing (and appointments which I also tried) are not up to speed yet. Producst and service. Nothing against you. I can only guess at how flooded you must be. A full week in 2016 is a long time to wait for a reply.

I don't think these services should be on the market yet, unless potential customers are told they are only being tested. It was a HUGE inconvenience to to switch over and now switch over again back, not as much for the email service but my appointment book. 

Message 3 of 5

Are there any plans to update this? I see this post was from 2 years ago. At this time (2018), email reports available through service providers like constant contact and mailchimp were still not available. Preview/test emails should be a feature as well, but currently not available. I'd also love to see user history too. For example, which campaigns if I checked my customer directory I'd like to see Megan K. opened "XYZ" campaign but not "ABC". 

As much as I like the automated campaigns, I would like be able to review and analyze how success our campaigns actually are. Coming from a digital media background, to not prove this data I feel hurts users who are spending $25+ a month based on their database size. Hoping theres an update on this service...

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hello @barkpark_chi!

At this time you can preview your marketing emails by sending yourself a copy of your draft campaign. As you create your campaign you’ll see your draft populate on the right-hand side of your screen. When you reach the penultimate section — Audience — you’ll also see the option to Send yourself a preview of your email. Select this and you’ll automatically send your draft campaign to the email address associated with your Square account. 

I’m afraid I don’t have an update on when better reporting for your campaigns will be available. I do understand how it would be helpful to see who opens your campaigns and I’ll share your feedback with the Marketing team. If there are any developments I’ll update this thread! In the meantime keep in mind you can see the number of emails that were opened, and attributable sales from your completed Campaign Report

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5