x

Email monthly custom reports or default reports automatically

We would like to receive a monthly report automatically every month.

Speciafically, we are interested in receiving the sales tax we collect every month via email.

So, ideally, Square should allow for people to automatically set up custom emails of their custom reports, or the default reports.

Result; more time to focus on doing more transactions.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there. 

You can turn on the email notification to receive a Monthly and Yearly Sales Summary Report in your Account & Settings section of your Square Dashboard. 

The information is a summary, and might not include the granular information you're looking for. 

While there isn't a way to export and email an advanced report automatically, this would be a great feature! I can see how useful it would be for sellers to have one less thing to do within their monthly tasks of running a business. 

Currently, you'll need to run the reports for each month and export it manually, but I'll send this over to our Reporting Product team and hopefully we can get something implemented in the future. 

Message 2 of 6

Any progress on this?   I have a user - that I don't want to give full access to everything - but she needs to see the daily sales etc  to reconcile cash deposits that get recorded in another system..    It would be great if she could get emailed the cvs file every morning at 7:30 - for the previous days sales.. 

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@RHatch - I know you use a lot of employee management and reporting. Do you have any thing set up that would help out @jtruitt?

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

You can give her report only access to the Dashboard.  You would have to create an employee user and set the permissions under "Access Dashboard" to View Reports.

If you are looking for the Cash drawer report that can be emailed to her on closing..  in the app go to Menu / settings / cash management and select auto-email receipt and enter the email address.

If you closer has access to the sales reports via the iPad they can email them at close to her too.  go to Menu / reports / sales / Click the email icon at the top.  This will send it to the admin email so you would have to set up a forward from that account.  Or they could print it and put it in the bag at night.

Message 5 of 6

This would be a *very* nice feature to have.  Any progress on this ?

(It now 5 years later !).

Message 6 of 6