x

Emailing a Purchase Order

I gave my managers the permission to manage inventory on the dashboard.  This now allows them to create Purchase Orders.  However, after they create a new PO and choose to email me a copy, it goes through, but I never receive anything.  I thought maybe my email was blocking the emails...  I had them try several email addresses and I still wasn't receiving a copy.  I later decided to log into the dashboard using my account.  I went into an already created PO and chose the option to email a copy to myself.  It worked perfectly!  This leads me to believe that their might be some permission that my empoyees don't have that my account does, which is preventing the emails from going through.  Can anyone help me with this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

Do you have email addresses attached to your employees?  My guess is that emails can only originate from the email address attached to the "Owner" of the square account.

Message 2 of 7

Yes, all my employees have email addresses in their profile.

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Here's a test for you.  Create a fake employee.  Use your email address in his profile, and give him permissions to send the PO.  Try sending an email.  If you get it, you have the answer to your problem.  
@Kpay
Could this be a backend issue with a simple solution?

Message 4 of 7

Ok, so I did what you said and made a fake account using a spare gmail address and gave the account the same permissions as my other employees.  It worked with no issues.  After reviewing my employees who do the POs i noticed they had yahoo email addresses.  I asked them to try different email addresses instead.  They switched their accounts to gmail accounts and everything worked perfectly.  They also noticed that they had a massive amount of undelivered messages in their yahoo email inboxes.  So for whatever reason, at least in my case, any employee with yahoo emails had issues sending POs.  Hope this helps anyone else with the issue.  Thanks again for your assistance!

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Glad it worked out!

Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Thanks for looping me in, @ACAcatering! Looks like you all did some good troubleshooting for this one; nice! I've heard of this before, but it's difficult to know which email addresses this will happen to since all email services have different ways of sorting incoming mail. Glad it's working for you now, @inlansolutions

Message 7 of 7