x

Employee Permissions — How to manage permissions to create items and edit inventory?

In the Team section on the dashboard, when I click on it to edit their permissions I do NOT have "Edit Items & Manage Inventory  Across all Locations" however the employee is still able to create items and edit inventory.  Again, I do not have it check marked - I do not want these permissions available to our employee am I missing something else that needs to be check marked?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

There are three sections in the permission settings.  

• "Access shared Point of Sale" This is for the app and 
  • "Access Dashboard" is the online portal.  
  • "Access Mobile Point of Sale" to access the app with their email and password.  

Make sure that the "Edit item and manage inventory across all Locations" is unchecked in all active sections you allow access to.   

Also on the app, the "items" option will still be listed on the menu but when they click on it, it will ask for a pass code if logged in user does not have permission.  Only an id with the permissions can access it.

Make sure your employee is assigned the correct permission role.

If that doesn't work let us know.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Hello, we just signed up for Team Plus and we are trying to make it so that when an employee signs into one of the Square Registers and they go to Reports > Sales, they only see the sales that THEY had for that day. At the end of every shift we have each employee count their cash drawer down and print the sales report. I have tried signing in on a register that has not had any sales for that day, gone to Reports > Sales and it says "All team members, All devices" at the top still and shows the sales from the other registers.

Message 22 of 27
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @mollybrown

Check out this thread about using Permissions to allow your employees to access certain portions of your site. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 27
Super Seller

I have a company that does all my SEO and recently hired a different company that does all my item descriptions and weekly newsletters.  Right now I send them both a spreadsheet of new items and they fill in the required fields.  

It would be super helpful if I could issue them a login to my Square Online dashboard that allows them just advertiser access or editor access.  I don't want them to have access to my financials or to the Square desktop dashboard.  

Is there a way to do this?

Just tagging @AdamB since he seems to know all about Square Online.

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 24 of 27

Hi @Doran - Thanks for reaching out to us on the Square Seller Community!

I've merged your post to an existing thread were other seller have been discussing this topic.

You can grant limited access to specific employees with our Permissions feature. You can edit the permission set to allow access to only editing/managing Items in the Square Dashboard. 

You can read more on this in our Support Center Article

I hope this information is helpful but do let us know if there is anythng else we may assist you with. Always happy to help!😊

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 27

I'd like for my employees to be able to update inventory for items (we get new things daily and they need to be updated), but I don't want them to have permission to add items/rename items, etc. Is this possible? It seems that the Items Permission is either all or nothing...they can input inventory, or they can change anything/everything in items. Is that right? Thank you!

Message 26 of 27

Welcome back, @justaquestion

I moved your post over to this relevant thread. At this time it is not possible to only allow access to the inventory field when editing items. 

Message 27 of 27