x

Employee Sales Report: My employee shows as 'Untracked Employee' - how do I corret this?

On my employee sales report.  One emplyee's sales comes through as an "untracked employee".  How do I correct this.

Message 1 of 39
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

With a little troubleshooting, we can sort this out. Let's get started with these steps:

1. Update to the latest version of the Square app. This is required if you want payments tracked to your employees. This is also required if an employee has access to more than one location enabled.

2.  From your online Square Dashboard confirm that you have created separate team profile for each employee taking payments on your behalf, and make sure each team member is assigned a role. 

3. Visit the Team List and confirm that each employee has mobile point of sale access. In many cases this will be something like Mobile Cashier permission group.

4. Review each of your employees and enable the locations you want them to have access to. There must be at least one location toggled on in order for the employee to log in.

5. Ask your employees to sign out and back in. By doing this, it guarantees sales are tracked to the employee.

If there are still issues after going through the above steps, just comment on this thread. We'll go from there! 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Square

Best Answer

With a little troubleshooting, we can sort this out. Let's get started with these steps:

1. Update to the latest version of the Square app. This is required if you want payments tracked to your employees. This is also required if an employee has access to more than one location enabled.

2.  From your online Square Dashboard confirm that you have created separate team profile for each employee taking payments on your behalf, and make sure each team member is assigned a role. 

3. Visit the Team List and confirm that each employee has mobile point of sale access. In many cases this will be something like Mobile Cashier permission group.

4. Review each of your employees and enable the locations you want them to have access to. There must be at least one location toggled on in order for the employee to log in.

5. Ask your employees to sign out and back in. By doing this, it guarantees sales are tracked to the employee.

If there are still issues after going through the above steps, just comment on this thread. We'll go from there! 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 39

One of my employees appears in the timecard as clock in but the sale is still assigned to untracked employee

Message 3 of 39
Square

@nitwits - While it might be a little tough to troubleshoot specifics over the community, we can give is a try. Are you currently using a device code to log in to your iPad? Is it shared by multiple employees? If so, clocking in doesn't necessarily attribute all sales to an employee. They would have to use there pin to sign in to the Square app before the sale in order for them to receive credit. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 39

Sean, if all of my employees are using the same iPad, is it possible to track their sales seperately still?

Message 5 of 39
Admin

Hey @CaterMe, Tom stepping in for Sean today. Yep—you can process all of the sales using the same iPad and track employee performance separately. Here's how: Track Sales by Employee.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 39

Hello - I am seeing the same issue. The posted answer does not seem to be as helpful as I thought - while I see the Mobile Access toggle to show the second set of permissions, I am not seeing a Mobile Cashier permission checkbox. In addition, I have a Physical Location created but do not see a setting under Locations or Employees where the Employee is able to be assigned to the location.

Can you be more specific in describing the settings required here, preferrably with a screenshot or exact wording so we can figure this out? Thank you.

Message 7 of 39
Square

Hi @bzmtpt, as Sean mentioned this might be a little tough to troubleshoot in the Community without looking at your account. Feel free to give us a call when you can so we can take a closer look with you. Let us know what you find and thank you!

Message 8 of 39

Awsome. Thanks!

Message 9 of 39

I can't seem to change "untracked" to an employee. I updated permissions and still can't.

Message 10 of 39
Admin

@LisaAnn1 What's happening when you try to change the permissions? Are you getting an error message? 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 11 of 39
Beta Member

I followed your directions, and my employee Juliet, still does not show up on the report. She and I both use the Square Register. We each sign in with our own codes, but her commissions are not being attributed to her.

Message 12 of 39
Square Community Moderator

@JanetBierer try toggling on "require employee passcode at checkout" on your Register settings so that Juliet has to enter her passcode at checkout. It sounds like the Register is signing her out after a few minutes and she isn't signing in when ringing new transactions. 

If you're sure that is toggled on and that she is signing in with her passcode before each transaction and she is still untracked, then please contact Support as that may be a bug. You can reach out directly to Customer Success at [Redacted]. Please keep in mind, you will need a customer code to get an advocate on the phone. Here is the link to get that code: squ.re/contactsqsupport

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 39
Beta Member

It's still not working, and it says "redacted" where you offered a contact, so I have no way of contacting you.

Message 14 of 39

Hello, I have reviewed all of the settings and I am still showing employees with unsigned transactions.  

Message 15 of 39
Alumni

Sorry to hear @EldaM, reach out to our CS Team so they can file a ticket with engineering. 

Justin
Message 16 of 39

didnt work

Message 17 of 39
Alumni

Sorry to hear this thread didn't work for you. Reach out to our CS for more tailored support. 

@sitnspin406

Justin
Message 18 of 39

ALL THESE ISSUES ARE RESOLVED - STILL HAVING AN ISSUE WITH TWO LOCATIONS OUT OF 7.

Message 19 of 39
Square Community Moderator

Hi @goyobpc,

I see this is your first post. Happy to have you join The Seller Community!

For this inquiry I will advise you to contact CS Support. I am not able to discuss account specific information through this forum.

Please reach out to support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport .

Thank you!

Message 20 of 39

Hey all! 

If you have previously updated or reset you square unit and now your employee sales aren’t being tracked this is what you should do. 

Go to menu on the bottom right corner of your device

go to settings 

security 

then press toggle that says enable passcodes.

Message 21 of 39