x

Employee Sales Report: My employee shows as 'Untracked Employee' - how do I corret this?

On my employee sales report.  One emplyee's sales comes through as an "untracked employee".  How do I correct this.

Message 1 of 39
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

With a little troubleshooting, we can sort this out. Let's get started with these steps:

1. Update to the latest version of the Square app. This is required if you want payments tracked to your employees. This is also required if an employee has access to more than one location enabled.

2.  From your online Square Dashboard confirm that you have created separate team profile for each employee taking payments on your behalf, and make sure each team member is assigned a role. 

3. Visit the Team List and confirm that each employee has mobile point of sale access. In many cases this will be something like Mobile Cashier permission group.

4. Review each of your employees and enable the locations you want them to have access to. There must be at least one location toggled on in order for the employee to log in.

5. Ask your employees to sign out and back in. By doing this, it guarantees sales are tracked to the employee.

If there are still issues after going through the above steps, just comment on this thread. We'll go from there! 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

All of my employees' accounts seem to be working fine. But when I (the owner) take a payment, and then go in to look at transactions, my name does not show up. It just says "untracked employee." I don't see any way to change that.

Message 22 of 39
Alumni

Hey there @Robbie1299

I looked into this, and it seems that sales transacted under the owner are treated as not attributed to a particular member of your staff, but the business itself. 

This can be changed to reflect your name by our Support Team. Head to our contact page. Sign in, click Other, and click "I don't see my issue" so you can send us an email or call us. 👍

Message 23 of 39

I'm seeing a couple transactions every week that have no staff member associated with it. Any idea how that's possible? It's a dipped card transaction, so it's happening in the store, but I don't know why there isn't an associate attached to it.

Message 24 of 39
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Transaction has no staff name associated with it

Hi @cam-phluid. Check out the Best Answer in this thread, there are a few things you need to check in order to fix this! 

Or the other possibility is that theses sales were rung up by you. As Russell mentioned above sales made by the owner are not assigned to an associate. Our CS team can help you update your name if you can give us a call!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 25 of 39

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do you track employee sales under reports?

I am trying to pull up the sales report for my employee but it is only showing the report for every employee combined.

Message 26 of 39
Admin

Hi there @Mminor. From the Employee Sales Report are you seeing 'Untracked Employee' instead of your employee's name? If so, I think the troubleshooting in this thread will help: My employee shows as 'Untracked Employee' - how do I correct this? 

If you're still experiencing this issue after you've run through the troubleshooting steps can you reply here? We'll investigate this further! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 27 of 39

0EC07129-94C0-4CE7-A997-2088C962667C.jpeg

Message 28 of 39
Alumni

Hey @Dohbagels - Check out @Sean's best answer at the top of the thread to troubleshoot your untracked employee sales. 

I hope this helps!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 29 of 39

It’s only two of us who work here. I’ve gone through every daily statement sent by square not one mentions untracked employee. I don’t know if this is part of what’s going on but in my settings we have “DO NOT COLLECT  CUSTOMER INFO”but for some they are being saved under “

A856D3C6-C76B-4C1B-810D-FCF54352C0B1.jpeg

Message 30 of 39

The owner has taken every payment this year. So shouldn’t it be all untracked employees

Message 31 of 39
Alumni

@Dohbagels

Hmm, the screenshot you sent of your Customer Directory shouldn't be related to the untracked employee issue you're seeing. Have you ensured that your account is subscribed to Team Plus which has the employee sales tracking feature? 

Justin
Message 32 of 39

What if you have one employee that is a receptionist and is responsible for taking payments for all other employees. In this scenario, how does the receptionist ensure that credit for the sale/tip goes to the correct employee?

Message 33 of 39
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @grriii

When it comes to adding Employees to a payment, it would depend on who is signed into the account with their email address or code. 

That would be the only way to add the Employee to it. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 34 of 39

I'm not following you exactly.

Message 35 of 39

@grriii

Do you have permissions set up for your Employees?  Or is your receptionist the only employee set up? 

Kassi
Message 36 of 39

We have all of our employees in the team management app.  However, the receptionist is the only one with actual access to the Square system. The others have profiles but have no reason to be in the Square app.

Message 37 of 39

@grriii

Ah okay. So what you're asking for would be a feature request for our Product Team. 

Normally, team members would have permissions to take payments & that's how they would be added to the transactions. Since your receptionist is the only one with access, it will show her name on all of them. 

Being able to just add an employee isn't available. I would be happy to send this feedback over to our Product Team. 

Kassi
Message 38 of 39

Why can't we, as owners, simply "reassign" a sale to the appropriate employee?

I have ONE employee; I should be able to track each sale and assign them accordingly.

Square staff, the workflow in this entire thread does not make sense.

Message 39 of 39