x

Employees: Is there a way to prevent then seeing anything other than the payment acceptance screen?

I have several square readers, and i'm rrying to figure out how i can avoid all the people i have not to be able to see anything in the reports and such---I'd like for the staff just just have access to actual selling portion requirments.

I've tried setting up as employees with restrictions,  but still seems like they can see the deposits and daily sales and such

is there a way to block all from seeing everything other than the payment acceptance screen?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@tug56 You might want to look at our Mobile Staff feature! Mobile Staff allows you to set up employees so that they're ONLY able to accept payments- nothing else. When you set up your employees as Mobile Staff members, they'll receive an email invitation where they will create an account. Whenever they login to the Square POS with their account information, it will be linked to your main account and the funds will deposit to your bank account.

Let me know if you need any clarification on this option!

@MichaelWillems It sounds like you're wanting to allow your employees to only have access to the Square POS app and that only. Unfortunately Square doesn't offer the ability to lock users out of devices (iPads, phones, tablets, etc.) as that is out of our realm of expertise which is credit card processing. But let me know if I'm misunderstanding!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

The forum is a little buggy, sorry. I see my answer twice. Honestly, I just typed it once!

Message 2 of 5

I asked square the same,

Also, how can I prevent employees from exiting the app and using the iPad for other purposes?

Alas, their answer was useless. Both on phone and in emails, they told me to call Apple. 

Unfortunately we do not have the ability to "lock out" the rest of the functions of the iPad, as all we is an app that runs on the iPad. This is something that you would have to contact Apple about, as any app you download from the app store will probably not provide a solution to this. ”

Right. Thanks, square. thanks a lot,

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

@tug56 You might want to look at our Mobile Staff feature! Mobile Staff allows you to set up employees so that they're ONLY able to accept payments- nothing else. When you set up your employees as Mobile Staff members, they'll receive an email invitation where they will create an account. Whenever they login to the Square POS with their account information, it will be linked to your main account and the funds will deposit to your bank account.

Let me know if you need any clarification on this option!

@MichaelWillems It sounds like you're wanting to allow your employees to only have access to the Square POS app and that only. Unfortunately Square doesn't offer the ability to lock users out of devices (iPads, phones, tablets, etc.) as that is out of our realm of expertise which is credit card processing. But let me know if I'm misunderstanding!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 5

I use guided access to keep employees and customers from accessing anything else. 

Message 5 of 5