Hello Seller Community!
You may have seen an email or Dashboard notification prompting you to enable 2-Step Verification. It's a tool that provides an extra layer of security for your Square Account, protecting your account from unauthorized access, also known as an account takeover.
How It Works
With 2-Step Verification, you and your employees will be asked to enter a verification code (sent via SMS) each time you sign in to your Square Account.
If you don’t want to enter a verification code every time, select “Remember this device for 30 days” in your Square Dashboard. Every 30 days, you’ll be asked to sign in with a verification code.
Note: Only select the option to “Remember this device for 30 days” from a computer or device that you own or control. Don’t set this option on public devices. To cancel a 30 day session, reset your Square account password.
Set Up 2-Step Verification
Turning on 2-Step Verification for an account will automatically require all employees to set up the feature and use it to log in to the account. To enable 2-Step Verification:
- Sign in to your online Dashboard and navigate to Account & Settings.
- Click Activate 2-Step Verification.
Select either SMS or the Authentication App.
- Add your primary mobile phone number > click Next.
- You’ll then receive a verification code via text.
- Enter the code in the field on your dashboard or your Square Point of Sale app.
- Click Verify.
Using the Authentication App:
- Download the Google Authenticator App.
- Scan the barcode into your Authentication App.
- Enter Verification Code generated in your Authentication App.
- Click Verify.
Have additional questions? Ask away!