x
Beta Member

End Drawer printed receipt formated differenty when employees close drawer

When I close our evening drawer, I get an emailed cash drawer report and a printed receipt that matches the format of the "end drawer" screen:

Starting Cash
Cash Sales
Cash Refunds
Paid In/Out
Expected in Drawer

Actual in Drawer
Difference

When my closing staff ends the drawer, logging in using their register code, then entering my access code when prompted in the close drawer report, the receipt that gets printed only contains:

Starting Cash

Actual In Drawer

Is there a reason they don't get a full drawer breakdown printed receipt vs. this summary?  The email that gets sent to me contains all the info.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hey @VCB, something sounds a little weird. I think this might come down to the permission set given to your employees. 

I've did a bit of pondering and tried testing it with my own account. I made sure that my employee had access to view sales activity in their permission set. My employee account was able to print a Cash Drawer Report with all the details of the report.

I recommend checking your permissions, if it persists our Support Team can look into on the back end. 

I would love to hear what you find! I'll keep an eye out for your response! 👀

Message 2 of 5

@VCB, so I've been talking with some other Square's about this since it's had me kind of stumped. After some discussion, we agreed that this is a glitch. I have already put in a ticket with our engineering team to take a look. If there are any updates I will make sure to keep you posted in this thread! 

Thank you for bringing this up! 😀

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

I just began having the same issue, after using Square for 6 years, all of a sudden last week it stopped printing the "actual in drawer amount" on the receipt printed report.  I haven't changed anything.  The permissions have been the same for the past 6 years, no issues.  Now this week the employee will enter the "actual in drawer amount" but when the report is printed from ending the drawer, it doesn't print this amount.  I'm baffled and frustrated!  HELP!

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

This sounds like a good question for our Restaurants team, @dragstergsr

I was looking to see if we had done any recent changes and couldn't find anything relevant to this report. 

The Restaurants team can take a look at your account with you to help shine a light here, to pinpoint what's going on with your drawer reports. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5