x
Admin

Epson Printers for Android, Square Register, and Terminal: Beta Now Recruiting

Have you been waiting to use your Epson printer with Square Register, Square Terminal or an Android mobile device? We’ve seen your Feature Requests and are excited to announce that our Beta team is recruiting sellers to test out this feature!

If you’d like to be involved, and have one of the supported printer models listed below, please comment to this thread (feel free to tag me directly: KellyJ) and we’ll work to get you enrolled. 

Also please join our Android Beta Community to share your feedback, report bugs or connect with other Sellers. 

Supported Epson Printer Models:

• TM-M10 
  • TM-M30 
  • TM-T20II
  • TM-T88V
  • TM-T88VI

Note: Since this integration is still in development, we’re still working on supporting the Epson TM-U220 printer - we will be adding this printer to the preview program soon.  

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@jmkmay

Great news! This is launched to all markets and now supported in the most recent version of the Square App.

You should now be able to discover Espon printers on your SPOS App, Square Register, and Square Terminal. Please let me know if you have any issues with this moving forward!

We recently updated our hardware compatibility page, and you'll find receipt printer compatibility on it's own 

This post was updated in February 2021 by a moderator to include updated information and links.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 22 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

@kellyj,

We already bought the appropriate printers for the square register but 2 of our other stores are still using the square Ipad stand. How can I get them enrolled?

Thanks

Message 2 of 31
Admin

@Vikstl

We'll get you enrolled. Keep your eyes open for an email from the team shortly.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 3 of 31

@kellyj We still didn’t receive a email about enrolling.

Thanks

Message 4 of 31
Admin

@Vikstl 

The enrolling manager may not have seen it yet. I'll follow up.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 5 of 31
Beta Member

@kellyj , I'm interested in joining the beta testing program.

Message 6 of 31
Admin

@Coldstream

Thanks for your interest. Could you tell me which Epson printer you have and the typical use for it (receipts or kitchen printer for example?)

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 7 of 31
Beta Member

I have an Epson TM-82II thermal receipt printer.

Message 8 of 31
Beta Member

Thanks @kellyj . My physical business is now locked down due to Government regulations. I have tested my Epson receipt printer and also cash draw triggering on my Android tablet and it all appears to work great. Thanks so much. I can't wait to reopen my doors and use alll this extra functionality.

Message 9 of 31
Admin

@Coldstream 

Thanks for following up and letting us know, and I'm sorry to hear that you're closed right now. Can't wait to have you test more and feel free to connect with us here in the meantime. We're having great discussions about new features, how to prepare for the future, and resources. Would love have you involved.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 10 of 31

Hello, we just purchased a square terminal and we are looking to use our epson tm20ii as the main printer. It is currently not being detected by the square terminal. Is the above mentioned beta program still going?... or is there a solution in place already? 

Thanks in advance for your time!

-Nick

Message 11 of 31

Message 12 of 31
Admin

Hi there @homegrown13

This feature has launched. If you are not seeing it available on your device you'll want to check out this support article, and if that is still not working I would suggest reaching out to our support team.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 13 of 31

Have an issue with my printer is not connected

Message 14 of 31
Admin

@Bosc 

Are you enrolled in our Beta Program for Epson Printers on Android currently?

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 15 of 31

How do we enroll in the beta program. I'd like to use an Epson tm-2011?

Message 16 of 31
Admin

My apologies on the delay getting to you all. As in all people right now we've had a few things to work through with changes to our daily lives. I should have you enrolled in this today.

@Coldstream - we should be able to get your enrolled today in this.

@TheRepublic Are you using this on a Square register or regular device and can you tell me if you use this for kitchen purposes or receipts only?

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 17 of 31

We would like to be included. We just received our new square registers to find out our epson printers aren’t compatible. @kellyj 

Message 18 of 31

We are using Epson printer model T20II

Message 19 of 31
Admin

@nwcoffeebros

We're getting you enrolled and you should see come communications shortly from the team.

The Square Register updates weekly, so this functionality should become available in the update March 26th. It will update automatically and allow you to use those printers after the update.

If you have questions, please navigate to the beta community sellercommunity.com/beta, I've added you as part of the Android group, and you'll see a beta tile on the home page to direct you.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 20 of 31

We are planning to implement Epson TM-L90+ Linerless media printers.

I would be happy to test.

The linerless should not be an issues since that feature just lets us use sticky media so that product labels can be stuck directly on to the coffee cup. For testing purposes, this is an epson TM-L90+ with ethernet and USB interfaces. 

Message 21 of 31