x

Epson TM-M10 printing gibberish intermittently

I'm not sure why this is happening, but every now and then the Epson TM-M10 will print gibberish. Have to turn printer off and on again to get it working again.

Intermittent - works great most of the time.

iOS with latest iPad and Stand.

ugh!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

@hillstreasurer

Have you reached out to Epson to let them know you are experiencing this issue? Since it's a 3rd party who makes this printer, they may have troubleshooting steps outside the normals connectivity ones Square can provide.  Sounds the hardware may need a firmware update.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 6

Hi @hillstreasurer,

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm having the same exact problem with an Epson TM-M10 and iPad/Square Stand. Did you have any luck solving this?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @thecremeria,

Thanks for reaching out! I think the issue here is that the TM-M10 is not a printer supported by Square. You can find more info about which printers will work with Stand here.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help! You may need to look into getting one of the listed models for Stand.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Hi @thecremeria @hillstreasurer and @Seamus ,

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? I am running into the same problem, primarily when employees try to print receipts. The link below is pretty clear that the TM-M10 is compatible with the square stand. 

https://squareup.com/us/en/compatibility/accessories/receipt-printers 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @epcody,

Thanks for reaching out!

The page you've posted is for 3rd party hardware compatibility with the US-build of our Point of Sale app. As the global branch of our Seller Community forum, unfortunately this printer has not yet been built into the global build of our app.

If you're in the USA then the TM-M10 should work - I'd encourage you to check out our US-based Seller Community here or get in touch with our US support team for further help with this! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6