x

Can I use Square as the payment processor on my Facebook store/page?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Facebook Stores and Square check out]

I am building a Facebook shop and want to use Square to check out and take payments. I can't find information on this, is it possible?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @cmgrover-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 

At this time, we don't have a direct integration to accept payments on Facebook via a Facebook Store. If you have a Square Online Store, you can post a link to your site on Facebook page. 

Thanks again for your post, and let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, I am wanting to add some of our merchandise to our fb page.  I can't figure out how to add our stuff from squareup.  We do not have an actual store just the Squareup program.

Message 2 of 10

Hello @aheavner

We don't have a direct integration to accept payments on Facebook. If you have an Online Store you can post a link to your site on Facebook. 🙂

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @cmgrover-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 

At this time, we don't have a direct integration to accept payments on Facebook via a Facebook Store. If you have a Square Online Store, you can post a link to your site on Facebook page. 

Thanks again for your post, and let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 10

Is there a timeline for when this could be available?  Seems like it would be the perfect marriage - Facebook marketing / community engagement with SquareUp catalogue / inventory / order management / payment processing.

Message 5 of 10

How do I link to Facebook 

Message 6 of 10
Admin

Hey @Latigo-n-Lace

I merged your post here where @isabelle addresses your exact question. Check it out and let us know if anything else comes up!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 10

As I understand it, it is possible to sell online on Facebook without setting up a website. Am I wrong? Every time I try and connect to my Facebook account through Square, I'm told I have to publish my website first. The instructions on connecting to Facebook say no such thing. What am I missing?

Message 8 of 10
Admin

Hey @angler021! 🎣 

think you're asking if you can sell items on Facebook while using Square as your payment processor but not your site host. Is that correct? If so, the answer currently is no. You can find out out more here.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 9 of 10

Yes, that is exactly what I'm asking. Thank you very much for answering my question! I'm in the process of setting up my website in Square but was confused as to whether it was necessary or not based on the instructions for using Square to sell on social media sites. Apparently it is. So as I understand the guidance, after I create my website in Square, I'll be able to transfer my item list to Facebook as a link, which will direct buyers to my Square-hosted website. Am I correct? Again, thanks very much for getting back to me on this.

Message 10 of 10