x

Faulty card reader

I have a card reader which can't take tap and go payments and when a card is inserted and pin input it takes a little time then says payment failed.

I have a second reader and use the readers when mobile on my phone and in the office on a tablet. The second reader works fine.

I have reset the device (Red lights) and reinstalled the square app but still no joy.

The reader connects and has the correct last 4 to match the serial number just not taking payments where as the other reader works fine.

Thanks Steve

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your reader.

The PIN issue you're describing sounds like it may be a device compatibility issue. Have you checked to see that the device you're using is on our list of compatible devices? If the device is listed as compatible you may also want to check your screen overlay settings if it's an Android device.

One way to check whether the issue is with the reader or the mobile device is to forget the reader from the device and then pair it with the other mobile device you're currently using that is working with your other reader. If in doubt, give our technical support team a call on 1800 760 137 - they'll be able to look into your account and give you a more definite answer ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2