x
Beta Member

Feature Idea - Adding a Recipient details option to checkout.

Our online store sells flowers and other associated products. The delivery option has been a life-saver for us because we don't have to use the 'Shipping' settings to allow customers to send flowers to their loved one. However, when a customer selects delivery there isn't an option or field to input the recipients name. Currently we have had to add an extra field on each item asking for a customers name to capture this information. 

Can there please be an option to add user defined fields to the cart/checkout section where we can capture extra information such as this. 

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your feedback @aplozza,

This is a feature request we hear a bit and is in the pipeline for development - we'll announce this via a Square Online update post once available, I've left myself a note to update this thread as well once I hear anything!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your feedback @aplozza,

This is a feature request we hear a bit and is in the pipeline for development - we'll announce this via a Square Online update post once available, I've left myself a note to update this thread as well once I hear anything!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Hi I've been looking to do something similar. I represent a sports aviation club and I have an item where the members can top up their accounts. Rather than create 150 items with each members name against it, I'd like to be able to have a name request field pop up after the operator selects "Flying Account". The concept is to type in the name or select from a dropdown and record in the report/transaction. Hopefully the this topic will do just that. Please keep me informed on the outcome.

Regards

Dayle...

Message 3 of 9

Hey there,

I'm working with a client to set up a flower shop website and have transferred over from Shopify due to your platforms better connection with the POS. We really need to have a feature to add "Recipient Name" "Phone Number" to the checkout options, especially if its a gift.

My client has a Premium plan and this should definitely be available to this Plan class.

Can we please get an update or work around for this? 

Appreciate the help!

Regards

Nate

HandToMouse.org

Message 4 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @HelloBronte,

Thanks for highlighting this feature request, and welcome to the Seller Community! 

While we don't have an update on this request at the moment, there are some workarounds you can consider. First, log in to your Square Online dashboard > Settings > Checkout > Customer inputs. From here you can select which customer inputs are required upon checkout e.g the buyer's address. Next, you can add text based modifier boxes to allow customers to add more information when placing an order. Here's how:

1. Log in to your Square Online Dashboard > select Items.
2. Select an item > scroll to Modifiers > Manage Modifiers > Create new.
3. Enter your Text Box Label, e.g "recipient name". You can also select whether a field is required, or optional. 

4. Hit Save once you're done.

You'd then repeat those steps for the second text box for the recipient's phone number. These modifiers can then be added to all items they're applicable to, and this is what this would look like on the item:

I hope this helps! 

Message 5 of 9

Hi. Unfortunately this doesn't work for the Terminal. This is certainly an ongoing issue for me and creates additional work in trying to track the payee for reconciliation. The items in question are subscriptions and once the payment is taken, additional notes can't be added so that avenue is also not available. 

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Daylef,

It's possible to add a note, or add a customer to a sale via the Square Terminal, however, like you mentioned there's currently no option for a drop down that would allow you to select a subscription at the moment. 

Adding a customer to a sale will allow you to see a member's recent payments via the customer directory. To add a customer to a sale on the Terminal:

1. Add an item, or custom amount to your sale.

2. Tap Current Sale on top of your screen > tap on the arrow in the right hand corner.

3. Select Add Customer from the drop down. 

4. Create a new customer,  or choose a customer from your directory. 

If you'd like to add a note to a sale on the Terminal:

1. On the bottom of the Square Terminal's checkout screen tap > Keypad.

2. Tap > Add a Note above the Keypad. 

3. Select Done to save the note and complete the sale. 

Another option could be to offer your subscriptions via Online Checkout Links. Check out this guide on how to get started with subscriptions via Checkout Links. 

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

This is a helpful work around, however, modifiers do NOT have the option to "Apply to ALL" like Modifier sets do.  That is another feature request!!

If you have over 100 items, you would have to manually add these modifiers.  Very time consuming and not necessary if "Apply to ALL" feature was added to modifiers.

Message 8 of 9

Thanks for the response. 

Yes, this is what we have done as a workaround, but hopefully you will update the system ASAP - as deliveries are a HUGE part of any online web business with physical products - and having a Recipient Name and Phone Number is rather important - in fact, EXTREMELY NECESSARY!  

Message 9 of 9