x
Beta Member

Feature Request: A way to send a mass text to paitents/clients

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Mass TEXT

COVID-19 coronavirus

It is now critical that square look at ways to allow businesses to mass text our patients/clients as it has become apparent that it is extremely more effective to communicate more rapidly via text messaging than email marketing. I don't think I need to spell out any other details to push this issue.

Sharon

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @myspatime

Thanks for your message. There isn't a way to reach out to your customers by text with Square yet - though there is a Beta Program for sellers who are subscribe to Square Loyalty and Square Marketing. 

We'll share any updates on this request as soon as they're available.

Thank you for reaching out.

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Sending a mass text should not be part of marketing or loyalty. This should be a regular feature in Appointments. It should be a regular feature to quickly inform our clients of an emergency or of a change of our schedule. As of right now if I have an emergency I have to contact each one of my clients one by one. My business doesn’t need marketing. my business doesn’t need a loyalty program. But my business needs is a quick and easy way to inform my clients of an emergency.

Message 3 of 9

With my state finally opening back up I would like to contact all of my clients at once and inform them of my new business hours and Business practices due to COVID-19. More than half of my clients either do not have, or do not use/Check their emails. My problem is the state already announced that barbers can open back up. I have tons of clients trying to schedule appointments that I’m going to have to cancel because it violates my state order. I need a quick way to inform my clients of the states guidelines for barbershops opening. I was wondering if square Appointment offers Mass text messages to clients. And if they don’t.. why not? I would assume that square appointment would have, at the very least, that feature for easy communications with clients in the case of an emergency or a situation like this where I need to let all 300 customers know at the same time of new state guidelines.

can someone please help me with this?

Message 4 of 9

Hey @Stvnbgo11,

I moved your post to an existing thread where the same question has been asked/answered.

Check out @Kassi_'s post above for more details. 

Ashley C
Message 5 of 9

Totally agree with Sharon, that feature would be very helpful. Campaigns can be sent with emails, why not with texts????

Kevin Schoonmaker
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Absolutely 

Most client text rather them email.

This is a very important issue

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

Any updates to the question?

Message 8 of 9

Hey there @Wetyourwhiskers

The product team is exploring the best ways to provide more tools to Sellers using Square SMS Messages. I have no news or updates at this time but I know that this is on their radar. Thank you for sharing your interest.

JJ
Message 9 of 9