x

Feature Request: Add custom fields to the delivery order pop-up or end of checkout

Feature Request: Add custom fields to the delivery order pop-up or end of checkout

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Options when customers checkout

Depending on the service we need different options/questions we need to ask. such as for  Trail ride we need to know the riders weight and experience level. currently there is no option to get this information. 

The same as an option for them to select the number of adults and number of children in a booking. certain services have a limit for this 

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Adding custom field to Online Check Out

Hi there, @clecookiedough 🍪 

You are correct. Unfortunately, we do not currently offer an option to create a custom field at checkout.
This is a Feature Request that we look to be able to implement in the near future. 

The best workaround available at this time would be to create specific text modifiers and assign them to your items, similar to what you've already done.

This post was edited by a moderator in 2021 to include an updated link.

12 Comments
Alumni

Create text modifiers and assign them to your items. Name each one after the info you want to grab. That way, when customers select the item to add to their cart, they can plug in their weight, etc. 

@rcstablesmi

I am looking for a way to have a fillable checkout form with payment at the end.

Example:

1. $100 - Special Phone Engraving

--- Insert name here

2. $150 - Special Phone XL Engraving

--- Insert name here

3. $200 - Special Warranty

Total

$450

Admin

Hey @ohyeah,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community 🙂

I've moved your post over to this one - check out the link in the Best Answer by @JustinC above! While this isn't doable on a checkout level, you should be able to add item modifiers on the item itself, that your customers can select before they add the item to their shopping cart.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions!

Hi! I'm looking for help in customizing the online check out experience for my customers: 

We are food truck and pop up at different sites around the city. I can't create this many locations or we could quite literally have hundreds of locations! 

We provide pre-order options for guests to pay before they come and select items from our Square / Weebly site. Last year we created a 'Modifier' for all our items so guests would have to select their preferred Pick Up Location from the drop down. However, it's so much to keep up with and to add in so many options for the Modifier when the tool isnt super user-friendly. Also, customers had to pick the Pick Up location in the Modifier for EVERY items (i.e. they bought 20 things, they'd have to select this 20 times). 

I'm looking for a simplified option where I could create a custom field with a drop down that would live on the Check Out page so guests would select their location before they pay. 

It doesnt look like you can customize the Check out screen at all. Does anyone have any other good ideas to make this easier for me and the customer?

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @clecookiedough 🍪 

You are correct. Unfortunately, we do not currently offer an option to create a custom field at checkout.
This is a Feature Request that we look to be able to implement in the near future. 

The best workaround available at this time would be to create specific text modifiers and assign them to your items, similar to what you've already done.

This post was edited by a moderator in 2021 to include an updated link.

I'm just here to say I need this feature as well!  Adding text modifiers to each item doesn't serve my customers well at all.  

I dont have items though only services. Any suggestion for services?

Admin

@rcstablesmi Justin's Best Answer above is referring to services!

Beta Member

Is there a way to add "Name" as a field in the pop up on the product page after clicking "Enter delivery address" 

We sent out primarily gifts. So the product is not going to the buyer. 

As the "Enter delivery address"  pop up is only asking "delivery address" many buyers forget to add the recipients Name.  

We then have to phone and confirm etc

Alumni

While it isn't possible to add custom fields to the delivery order pop-up, I can think of a way to make this work, @chocolatemann! You could add a required textbox modifier:

It might look something like this:

While there isn't currently an option to include field like this at checkout or within the pop-up screen, we'll be sure to update this thread if something changes!