x
Beta Member

Feature Request - Custom Prep Time Options

I would like to make a request that you allow for custom prep time creation. It would really help our business with special orders. If there were an option for preorders, it would solve all of our special ordering issues, but I know that is already a request. 

Thanks for your time. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Thanks for the feedback @LB5!

I've turned this thread into a new feature request thread so we can track feedback from other users in the one place!

I'm not aware of any plans to change this at the moment, but do you mind providing a little more feedback of an instance where custom prep time would give you an advantage over the pre set options?

Cheers 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 12
Beta Member

Each year we do holiday ordering pre-sale for pickup on a certain date. Currently, we are unable to use our square site to sell these products because there is no way to communicate with the customer that their food will be ready on a specific date. If there were customizable prep times or set dates we could select for pickup on holiday items, we would love to streamline all of our ordering to one site. 

Message 3 of 12
Admin

Hey @LB5,

Thanks for getting in touch again.

While I don't currently have any updates to share about this feature request, we'll post an update if we announce changes to how prep time works or if we introduce a pre-order option.

I understand that this feature would be super useful for arranging pickups heading in the Christmas period - while I can't make any guarantees about if when new features will be released, I'll share your feedback with the eCommerce team. I am aware we're looking at expanding Square Online features so hopefully this is one that makes it into a future update!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 12

It would be super helpful if Square could add more Prep Time options.   Just this morning we randomly got slammed as if it were a Saturday, so what I usually do is use Order Limiting to cut back the number of orders allowed per our 15 minute Prep Time window.  But it would also help to be able to extend our Prep Time to 20 or 25 minutes when we're running behind.  This would seem to be an easy fix for Square to implement.

In the meantime, how do others work around delays?  Short of calling every customer, are there any other features to help handle this that I am not aware of?

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 12
Beta Member

We have our online orders set to print out at 20min before they are ready.  Is there a way that orders over a certain $ amount can push out to like 30min or 40min?  For instance every order over $200 adds an extra 10 min of prep time?

Message 6 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @bryan2 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have had a similar discussion. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

The ability to link prep time to the total cost of an Online Order is a feature request. Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to your business. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 12

Hello! We are a restaurant and would love to see the prep time feature enhanced for online food orders. For us, we'd love to be able to input a dollar amount that would trigger more prep time needed. Currently, it's at an item level but for us... that isn't helpful. Right now, if we were to get a $300 order, it would still say the pickup time would be in 30 minutes as that is our set prep time. And generally, that works... but not for large orders. Thank you! 

Message 8 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Ah, yes - this totally makes sense, @lindswitch. We could definitely see how a larger order would require specifically longer prep times for food, especially if the order was bulk or catering.

This is a Feature Request our Product Teams are looking at closely. As soon as we have a positive update to share in regards to rollout, we will reach back out here and update everyone.

Thanks again! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 12
Beta Member

Any update @Joe ?  This is a HUGE issue for my business currently.  There should be an order amount threshold which increases the prep time.  Thanks.

Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

YES!  This is my exact issue I'm having.  I need a order amount threshold limit for prep times.  I get a huge order each week and it's at our peak hours for regular customers.  It would be very helpful to be able to have additional prep time on orders over a set dollar amount.

Message 11 of 12

Custom prep time creation can be a valuable addition, especially for businesses that handle special orders or have unique preparation requirements. This feature would allow sellers to effectively manage their operations and meet customer expectations. 

Message 12 of 12