x

Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

Verified Answer

Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to set up date and time selection for Square Online orders

Hi,

We quickly built a Square/Weebly Online Store this week so that people could place contactless/curbside orders for our gelato shop. It's working great and I love that the tickets print out when it's time to make the order.

We are also implementing a local delivery service where people can preorder with us and we'll deliver it on Friday night. Right now we're doing it by email to take their item order and we respond back with a Square Invoice to capture payment. Has anyone successfully found a way to do local delivery with the Online Store platform?

It would be awesome if besides Pickup or Shipping, merchants could toggle on a Local Delivery button and the merchant could set a few options, such as "Delivery on Friday night, 4-7pm," "Delivery on Saturday afternoon, 12-6pm." Maybe with an option to assign a fee, but that's less important during this emergency response.

Thank you and be safe.

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

@lonestar31 @MCTMN 

We are currently testing Batch Processing in our Beta Community, which may help you out. This is another update to allowing pre-orders on your online store.  We'd love for you to join in the test and provide feedback.

To get started:

Please join our Square Online testing group.
Once accepted there are instructions in the group of how to get started in the test.

Verified Answer

Re: Feature request: Pre-Order Handling

Hi all! Thank you for jumping into. your thread for pre-orders and more customizable delivery/pick up options. We're excited that this feature is now moving into Beta testing, and we'd love to have you check it out.

Please take a few minutes to ready our Beta Recruiting post- and make sure you're a fit. We're looking to get his launched in the next few days. Also if you've replied to this thread, we will be sending you information on this test via DM as well.

Verified Answer

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to set up date and time selection for Square Online orders

Hi,

We quickly built a Square/Weebly Online Store this week so that people could place contactless/curbside orders for our gelato shop. It's working great and I love that the tickets print out when it's time to make the order.

We are also implementing a local delivery service where people can preorder with us and we'll deliver it on Friday night. Right now we're doing it by email to take their item order and we respond back with a Square Invoice to capture payment. Has anyone successfully found a way to do local delivery with the Online Store platform?

It would be awesome if besides Pickup or Shipping, merchants could toggle on a Local Delivery button and the merchant could set a few options, such as "Delivery on Friday night, 4-7pm," "Delivery on Saturday afternoon, 12-6pm." Maybe with an option to assign a fee, but that's less important during this emergency response.

Thank you and be safe.

333 Comments

Save yourself the trouble and DO NOT discount at Thanksgiving. People will pre-order WITHOUT a discount. We have had pie business 15 years and everyone is anxious to get their orders in so they do not miss out on getting their desired pie (and bread in your case). You are giving money away by offering a discount at the holiday. Save the discounts for slow periods.

Super Seller Alumni

@gelatofiasco @It’s supposed to be in the works to be launched any day now to work with the square online store! Keep an eye on the community for it!

I got an email that they were working on a new delivery option as part of Pickup and Delivery in the Weebly online store. They were supposed to roll it out at the “end of the week”.  It’s still grayed out in my Settings. Wondering if there is any news on a timeline or if I should just move forward with some other type of workaround and stop waiting. I’m a brewery that has closed our tasting room because of covid-19 and want to start doing home delivery (which is legal in my state). And I don’t really have time to wait in these uncertain times. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @tinafoundation - thanks for reaching out to us here and checking in on this feature.

I've merged your post into a similar thread of Sellers who were also inquiring about the delivery feature. As @pessosices mentions here, we are wrapping up the finishing touches to our Delivery feature and we will vocalize a wide rollout in the coming days. While I can't provide a more specific timeline, we realize that this is a much needed addition that our Sellers need - and we are working diligently to roll it out. Thanks so much for your continued patience.

Hey Gelato Fiasco!  Great to hear that you are doing curbside and going to add delivery.  We are huge fans.  We'll stop by for some later this week!  Good luck adding delivery, that's what I'm working on too.  The feature in Square went live this morning.

Tina from Foundation Brewing

You too Tina! Doesn't look like the new delivery button is going to work for our setup in Brunswick, since we're taking orders throughout the week to deliver on Fridays. Looks like the new feature is setup for on-demand delivery where the driver would be there in __ minutes.

Yes, I was concerned about that too.  I'm playing around with it right now.  We are going to be doing Outside-of-Portland deliveries every day Thurs-Sund, and we want folks to be able to pick the day they want, so I'm not sure if that's going to be feasible within the parameters.  I'll let you know if I figure out a work-around!  (We'll be going up to Brunswick!)

I just setup an online store for family style meals. I only want to allow folks to order minimum 1 day in advance. Is there a way to do this?

Super Seller Alumni

You could set the "order prep time" to 24 hours.  It may cause some issues for people ordering late in the day because it would push them out two days, so you could try setting it to the same amount as your business hours and see what happens...

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 9.13.09 AM.png

Admin

Hey @gelatofiasco and @tinafoundation!

Glad that you both saw @Tom's update regarding our Square Online Store delivery feature launch

It sounds like for @gelatofiasco, the delivery system may be tricky to work with, given that at this time we don't offer the ability to just schedule deliveries for a specific day (Fridays).

As for @tinafoundation, we do have a way where you can make Pickup & Delivery just available for certain days of the week, along with a wide range of estimated delivery time:

Let me know if you have any questions about the launch of this new feature, or how we can make it work for you.