x

Feature Request: Online Orders | Specify Pick-up Time & Date

It would be nice if you could specify the Pick-up time and date for items in the online store. As a non-profit we host specific events at certain times and dates. It would be nice to be able to specific the pickup time and date rather than just the selection of a prep time. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Thanks for the feedback @bgcwayne!

We'll use this thread to track this feature request moving forward. Our team are in the process of building additional functionality, and while I've not heard if item specific pickup times are in the works I will pass on your feedback!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

We are a seasonal bakery and only open daily January & February.  We allow customers to pre-order for pickup orders for Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.  The way online ordering is set up is VERY confusing for our customers.  We usually only have one set day to pick up (like Christmas Eve 10 am to 4 pm).  However when they check out they get random options like "in 30 minutes" or "in 2 weeks". 

I understand that these are set up by me, but the random length of time between order and pickup would only work in this case for 2 weeks prior to Christmas eve AND each morning (maybe even at midnight) I would have to go in and decrease the lead time by one day until I get to Christmas Eve.  Not only is this not practical, there are no options beyond 2 weeks, being the next option is 3 weeks, which would only work specifically for anyone placing their order exactly 21 days in advance.  If I leave it set for 3 weeks until I can change it for two weeks customers are notified their order will be ready Christmas Day or after Christmas.  I need my order to be simply accepted as it is and the customer to not be told when the order will be ready for pickup nor for them to be able to choose a pickup time.    I need to be able to tell them "Thank you for your order.  It will be ready to pick up on *specific date I have chosen."

I have seen this requested several times, but I haven't seen an updated fix for this.

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. I understand your frustration in waiting for a feature to be released. Please know we do track each request that comes in, but I still do not have any updates to share. Also, I've merged your post with an existing thread so we can keep all the requests in one place.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Hi, is there any update on this??? I too need this feature!!! as a food store, we prepare special meals for special holidays, those meals can ONLY be picked up at that specific date... there should be an option, for every item, to allow, instead of in 30 minutes, in 2 business days, or a week, ON A SPECIFIC DATE (or DATE/TIME)

thanks, and please do keep us posted!

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @awerthein - Thanks for reaching out to us with your question. I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

At the item level, we can only manipulate the prep time. The pickup time settings will apply to all items that are available for pickup on your site. However, you may be interested in taking advantage of our new Time-Based Categories feature.

Time-based categories work with your pickup and delivery hours and let you limit item availability to specific days and times. Customers can only purchase items from time-based categories during the times you specify, subject to any applicable prep times and delivery estimate settings. So you could assign these items to their own category or assign multiple items to the same category if they have the same pickup times/rules.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions by replying in this thread.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 7

Any updates on this? 

For the mobile food truck business, being able to choose a day and time for pickup at a certain place would be quite advantageous. We might visit several different places every day in a month. We frequently travel to different places on the same day. To prevent someone from expecting an order before we arrive at a location or during times we won't be there, we now have to wait until a few days before an event to turn it on. After an event, we must immediately switch it off. This request seems to be similar and the inverse of the Restricted Dates option, but you also need to provide the option to choose the window of time. 

Message 7 of 7