x

Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

Verified Answer

Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to set up date and time selection for Square Online orders

Hi,

We quickly built a Square/Weebly Online Store this week so that people could place contactless/curbside orders for our gelato shop. It's working great and I love that the tickets print out when it's time to make the order.

We are also implementing a local delivery service where people can preorder with us and we'll deliver it on Friday night. Right now we're doing it by email to take their item order and we respond back with a Square Invoice to capture payment. Has anyone successfully found a way to do local delivery with the Online Store platform?

It would be awesome if besides Pickup or Shipping, merchants could toggle on a Local Delivery button and the merchant could set a few options, such as "Delivery on Friday night, 4-7pm," "Delivery on Saturday afternoon, 12-6pm." Maybe with an option to assign a fee, but that's less important during this emergency response.

Thank you and be safe.

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

@lonestar31 @MCTMN 

We are currently testing Batch Processing in our Beta Community, which may help you out. This is another update to allowing pre-orders on your online store.  We'd love for you to join in the test and provide feedback.

To get started:

Please join our Square Online testing group.
Once accepted there are instructions in the group of how to get started in the test.

Verified Answer

Re: Feature request: Pre-Order Handling

Hi all! Thank you for jumping into. your thread for pre-orders and more customizable delivery/pick up options. We're excited that this feature is now moving into Beta testing, and we'd love to have you check it out.

Please take a few minutes to ready our Beta Recruiting post- and make sure you're a fit. We're looking to get his launched in the next few days. Also if you've replied to this thread, we will be sending you information on this test via DM as well.

Verified Answer

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to set up date and time selection for Square Online orders

Hi,

We quickly built a Square/Weebly Online Store this week so that people could place contactless/curbside orders for our gelato shop. It's working great and I love that the tickets print out when it's time to make the order.

We are also implementing a local delivery service where people can preorder with us and we'll deliver it on Friday night. Right now we're doing it by email to take their item order and we respond back with a Square Invoice to capture payment. Has anyone successfully found a way to do local delivery with the Online Store platform?

It would be awesome if besides Pickup or Shipping, merchants could toggle on a Local Delivery button and the merchant could set a few options, such as "Delivery on Friday night, 4-7pm," "Delivery on Saturday afternoon, 12-6pm." Maybe with an option to assign a fee, but that's less important during this emergency response.

Thank you and be safe.

333 Comments
Super Seller

We offer a pre-order discount for those that order ahead for Pies and Bread at thanksgiving.  Is there a way to use on an online store and restrict pickup for only 2 days (Nov 20 & 21)?

Has anybody done something like this?  I am thinking about using an event rather than an item.

Hello @MichiganFarmsta

For restricting pickup I would do it as an event as well. It's the only way to convey the pickup date without having to adjust all of your business hours. I'd just recommend including the pickup times in the description of each ticket (Pie or Bread), that way customers get a copy of it on their receipt. It might be easier for them to reference. 

If you have any other questions feel free to reach out and I'd be happy to help out and test things for you. 🙂

I am offering a special item for the holidays 2019. I want to offer a preorder option and take a deposit. How do I do that in Square. I am not an online store. Only have a brick and mortar shop

Admin

@overthebridge

There a few ways you can do this. You can choose to do free Square Online Store so you'd be able to take payments online for a pre-order deposit, and charge the rest to the customers at pick up.

You could also look into our invoice system - which would give you the option to request the deposit from a buyer, and leave the balance active until they are ready to pick up. 

Depending on which way you want to set yourself up, both are decent options.

We frequently need to take deposits when customer is in the store.  Issuing an invoice and asking customer to check their email and click on link to pay is not feasible when customer is standing in store with cc in hand.  

Admin

Good point @SkateTech, thanks for your post. We're monitoring that feature requst closely in this thread: How do I accept payment for a partially paid invoice via the Square app? > from that link click Subscribe in the top right to be notified of updates. 

Beta Member

@SkateTech Here's my solution for this. I'm offering pre-orders for a holiday item and a customer may elect to pay in full now or pay 1/3 now and then be billed for the remaining thirds later this summer. I created variations for the full payment and the three thirds.

If they buy in-store and elect the 1/3 now option, I do have to remember to get their email to send them invoices for the remaining thirds, so it's an imperfect system, but it's working for us.

Admin

Thanks @Trish_Yarn

Hi!

can you please come out with the pre-order soon? I know there are a lot of us in desperate need for this.

thanks!

Square Community Moderator

Hi @800A

Thank you so much for the feedback! I would be happy to pass this along. 🙂