x

Customer file upload and attachments

Customer file upload and attachments

We own a bakery, it would be really helpful if customers could submit pictures of their idea when purchasing online. Other online platforms have had this feature for years. Right now I use Jotform and process my sales with them because they have it available.

Tom

44 Comments
Beta Member

This feature would be for your customers.  They can upload their logo and when they place the order I receive their logo along with their order.  

Square Community Moderator

Hey @BMLTrophies,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say upload their logo.

I'm not sure if this is something we would ever implement or not since it's not necessary for placing an order typically. 

Beta Member

It would be for a custom product... So the customer can upload their logo and place their order

Beta Member

for example:7798c9f065db53cfe0988510ba9df920.jpg

Alumni

I can confirm that this would be considered a feature request at this time, @BMLTrophies

If anything changes, we'll be sure to update this thread, thanks!

Beta Member

WE NEED a way to add a file upload option for online items!  We are a trophy/awards/engraving shop that does a lot of custom work. It would be super helpful if there was a way customers could upload logos/pictures when ordering an item online.

image.png

File Upload option on selected itemsFile Upload option on selected items

Beta Member

@Valentina @ashc  is this still considered a feature request??  Would love to have this option in 2021.

Beta Member

Is there any talk of adding an option to the online store for the customer to upload a file?

For instance, we offer Holiday cards. We would like the customer to be able to upload the image they want printed with the card.

We would also like to offer things like mugs, t's, etc... we just haven't been able to connect with the right partner for this yet.

Just throwing it out there... this might be an avenue Square might want to pursue and parter with someone like cafepress... or the like to offer printable items from the online store.

But for now, a simple upload file option under an item on the online store would be amazing. Currently we are directing customers to email the file separately and they have to remember to do this after they place the order and if they don't we have to call...... run around.....rat race... 

I would love this option too! Has there been any update on this?

I'd love this feature too! We do custom work as well. Has there been any update?