x

Feature Request: Wish list for customers to save items on my Square Online website

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Wishlist

Hi I'm looking to have a wishlist option on my website and wondered if it was something square could do. Customers want to be able to make a toy wishlist either in-store or online and send it to friends and family

Message 1 of 58
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Claire2018 Hello! At this time a Wishlist feature isn't available with Square's Online Store. I'll share your interest in this with the Online Store team

If this functionality is very important for your business you could consider setting up your eCommerce site with one of Square's eCommerce partners. There are several partners to choose from but I took a look and it appears that WooCommerce, Wix, Ecwid, and BigCommerce have Wishlist/Favorites features. I hope that helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
Admin

Best Answer

@Claire2018 Hello! At this time a Wishlist feature isn't available with Square's Online Store. I'll share your interest in this with the Online Store team

If this functionality is very important for your business you could consider setting up your eCommerce site with one of Square's eCommerce partners. There are several partners to choose from but I took a look and it appears that WooCommerce, Wix, Ecwid, and BigCommerce have Wishlist/Favorites features. I hope that helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 58

I am a retail business that sells only at trade shows and online.  I do not have a store front.  My customers are asking for 2 things.  One is a way to create a "wish list" with the items they would like to purchase in the future or have someone else buy for them in the future.  My online store does not appear to have a way for the potential customer to sign up and create a wish list.  Is it possible to add a link in the online store for my customer to give me all their contact info and add items to his or her wish list?

Second, as an added feature, can I add a layaway plan so my customer can buy an item with a few payments?  The open "open ticket" feature does not work well for me since most of my sales are online with out my knowledge.  I know Square Finance is is possible, but my items might not be enough to qualify for it.

Thanks Glen

Message 3 of 58

Hello @glenfarr, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Both of these would be feature requests for the Square Online Store. Currently we do not have a way for customers to create a wish list, but it's an interesting suggestion. 

Square Installments is available for purchases on Invoices and the Point of Sale app. While we don't have layaway directly on the Online Store, you could setup a customer on a recurring invoice and then ship out their item once all of the payments are made. You could add a contact us for layaway option on your site. 🙂

Message 4 of 58

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: square online store customer login

Hi, we have the new square online store.  Is there an option for a customer to create a login and wishlist?  I saw something in the community some time ago on the login but I can't find it.  I'm not seeing anything in our settings where we can set this up.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 58
Alumni

I've moved your post to this thread where another seller had the same question, @MoniJ. @Helen confirmed that this feature is not currently available with the Square Online Store. However, you can take a peek at her post above for some eCommmerce partner suggestions that do offer the 'wish list' feature you're looking for!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 58

Did anyone find a good solution for the wishlist? Thanks!

Message 7 of 58

So now that weebly is the new Square OnLine store, how do we create a Wish List for customers to keep / save their wanted items?  I'm not talking about an abandoned cart feature - I'm specifically looking for the Wish List option.  Thanks.

Message 8 of 58
Square Community Moderator

Hey @brick

Welcome back to the Community!

I appreciate your feedback on the Online Store Wish List feature. This will be tagged for our Product Team, so they can get some eyes on it. 

Keep an eye out for Product Updates for any upcoming launches. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 9 of 58
Beta Member

This is an incredibly important feature. Does Square poll the seller community to determine what features are most important to sellers? 

Message 10 of 58
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mooretoys,

Thanks for your added input on this feature request!

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Message 11 of 58
Beta Member

In lieu of having this feature, do you have any apps or workarounds to suggest? 

Message 12 of 58

how do we create a Wish List for customers to keep / save their wanted items?  I'm not talking about an abandoned cart feature - I'm specifically looking for the Wish List option. 

Thank you

Message 13 of 58
Alumni

Adding a wish list feature to Square is a request we've been tracking. Unfortunately it hasn't been implemented yet. We'll let you know when it'll be available by posting an announcement. 

@UrbanPrincess

Justin
Message 14 of 58

I would also like to see a Wish List made available for our online stores. HauntedBookShop asked if there were any apps that could be used. Shopify has an OutfitsBuilder. Is there an app like it for Square/Weebly?

Message 15 of 58
Alumni

Thanks for adding your vote @BOSP -

There aren't any app I'm aware of that provides a wish list function and that can integrate with Square. We'll circle back to this thread when there's good new to share! 

Justin
Message 16 of 58

I don't understand how this is not the #1 Priority at Square right now... we're going into the holiday season, we're potentially facing a spike in COVID cases and maybe even more state-forced closures, and we're trying to compete with other online services and retailers that have had this service (and Pre-Orders) for over a decade.  Who is prioritizing work flow?  How come no one is reaching out to the customers that pay Square's salary and asking for what's most important.  Where are the focus groups?  Product Managers?  These are very reasonable requests...   basic services such as Wish Lists, Pre-Orders, or Registries should be at the top of the queue.  So how come no one puts forth a time-line or release schedule so we know if its even close?  I see all kinds of ancillary add-ons and services, but these basic eCommerce solutions are completely ignored.  If I'm missing something, or there are some reasonably-priced third party integrated apps, then please list them out for all of us.  Bringing the Square Online Store up to basic standards should be the primary goal after maintaining security and stability.  I'd sincerely like to hear from Square leadership on the plans for this.  Please help your customers - it translates directly into more revenue for everyone!

Message 17 of 58

Very well said! I see that almost everyone has Shopify and I continue to stay with Square?? Shopify has a registry app! I don't understand why it takes years or months for Square to catch up with these options for us. I don't want to have to change my pos system but I feel like I may have to so I stay in the game with other retailers.

Message 18 of 58

Totally agree.  We run 7-figure sales through Square and we can't even get a reply - that was all I asked for in my previous message: to please have someone from leadership weigh-in on this.  Crickets.  Instead, the development team is spending their time working on products and services that are way out of scope for the current situation. We can't even get an ETA or acknowledgement that this is in the queue.  Which leads me to believe it is not, but no one wants to say it, because if customers knew for sure that it was at least 2 -3 years out, they would leave now. It just doesn't seem like anyone here cares if we stay or go.

Message 19 of 58

Yes Exactly, I am also looking for options to launch an app for my store.

Message 20 of 58

Very disappointing to say the least. And now 3 months into 2021 and I see still nothing has been addressed by Square. Failure!!

Message 21 of 58