x

Feature Request: Wish list for customers to save items on my Square Online website

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Wishlist

Hi I'm looking to have a wishlist option on my website and wondered if it was something square could do. Customers want to be able to make a toy wishlist either in-store or online and send it to friends and family

Message 1 of 58
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Claire2018 Hello! At this time a Wishlist feature isn't available with Square's Online Store. I'll share your interest in this with the Online Store team

If this functionality is very important for your business you could consider setting up your eCommerce site with one of Square's eCommerce partners. There are several partners to choose from but I took a look and it appears that WooCommerce, Wix, Ecwid, and BigCommerce have Wishlist/Favorites features. I hope that helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Dear Square Team,

Please, add a Favorites/Wishlist Feature for Square Weebly. 

Thank you.

Message 22 of 58

A Gift registry option would also be fantastic to have!

ok, Square ... time to get moving on these things, please!

Message 23 of 58

Was a Wishlist integration ever taken further 

it would be a really useful feature for us, especially if it could tie in with the something similar to the group contributions to gift cards so friends and family could chip in to help new parents buy more expensive options 

Message 24 of 58

So it doesn't appear Weebly has a Wish List feature or a Pre-Order feature... so is there a Gift Registry feature?  Seeing how so much is accelerating even faster to eCommerce, these features will be vital as the year progresses, especially into Q4.

Message 25 of 58
Admin

Hi @brick! You bring up a good point. I love both creating and browsing registries. 

I checked the Weebly Community to see if there was any mention of a want for this feature request but I didn't see any posts there. This would be good to bring up in their Community as well so they can track the want for this and so others can chime in if they're looking to have gift registries implemented as well!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 26 of 58

We would love to be able to offer a gift registry feature on our site. Please let me know if anything has been developed.

Message 27 of 58

So far I have not been able to find any way to create a gift registry for our children's store, which would be great for baby showers, and upcoming children's birthdays. The most recent thread I could find on this was from 2016, so I'm hoping to find some updated information.

Thank yo

Message 28 of 58
Square Community Moderator

Hey @CaitlinMelody,

I moved your post to a more recent thread where another seller had the same question.

It looks like it's a feature request we're tracking at this time with Weebly. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 29 of 58

Hello! I would like a ❤️Wishlist for Customers—without account sign-in. It would be a great “pin” or “gift registry” tool. Thanks!

Message 30 of 58

can an saved item be 'saved as'? 

Message 31 of 58
Alumni

Hello @charlotte1,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

I'm not sure what you mean by "saved as?" Are you referencing to saving an item for purchase later, like a wish list?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 32 of 58

I sell pottery and it would be super helpful to have a wishlist that might even be shareable come the holidays?

It would be a great way to build understanding of what my customer wants, how to market/serve them best and if that wishlist is sharable to social media with links friends and family could purchase for them or at the very least I'd get more brand recognition. 

If you have a work around on how I might do this now I'd love to hear it!

Thanks

Message 33 of 58

HI, I believe there is no Waitlist option on Square but you might be able to add a Waitlist by adding a page and using the Embed Option.  I'm not familiar with it but its worth a try.

Online Dashboard, Edit Site, Add Page, +Add Section, Embed Code

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 34 of 58
Alumni

@Goldneye ahh, great workaround! Thanks for the help. 

@StudioBllc - I'd give Terri's idea a try. You might be interested in our partnered integrations, also. I moved you to this thread to see Helen's best answer up top. 

Justin
Message 35 of 58

I like your thinking and appreciate your creativeness. 

What I'm really looking for is kind of like a "registry" for a wedding type of thing where a customer can come to my site pick out something(s) they like and easily share it to social media..."Santa if you're on my FB feed, I'd like one of these." Type of thing. 

Is there a one button way to share my item(s) to FB?

I'm going to try out the "waitlist" for my monthly limited edition mugs! 

Thanks!

Message 36 of 58

Has Square added this feature yet? It would be extremely helpful!

Message 37 of 58
Admin

Hey @monomono!

No updates here at the moment unfortunately. We'll update this thread if things change in the future!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 38 of 58

Hey guys. Is there any way for customers to add a product they like to their favorites? I would love it if they could "heart" a product to save for later. 

Message 39 of 58

Hey @thedollvintage,

This Support Center article has a blurb in it on Favoriting items with Square for Retail here.

Is this what you were looking for?

Ashley C
Message 40 of 58

No, it looks like that's for the site owner to use to make finding products easier for themselves on the back end. I'm looking for something that customers can use when browsing the site. Most customers like to have a "wish list" or a "favorite list". Thanks. 

Message 41 of 58

Hey, @thedollvillage - Jumping in for Ashley since she is off today. Creating a "Wish List" on Square Online is still a feature request. As you can see in this thread where other sellers asked a similar question it’s been a popular request for a bit now. Like you, I'm also hoping this feature becomes available soon. I love to go on websites and create wishlist items to later come back and purchase them. 

You may want to research third-party app integrations that can be connected with your Square website. Square Marketplace offers a good list of apps, however, I didn’t find a specific "Wish List" app in there, sorry 😞

If this feature becomes available someday we will make sure to update you in our Seller Community. 

Have a great day! 😃

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 42 of 58