x

Feature Request: Wish list for customers to save items on my Square Online website

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Wishlist

Hi I'm looking to have a wishlist option on my website and wondered if it was something square could do. Customers want to be able to make a toy wishlist either in-store or online and send it to friends and family

Message 1 of 41
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Claire2018 Hello! At this time a Wishlist feature isn't available with Square's Online Store. I'll share your interest in this with the Online Store team

If this functionality is very important for your business you could consider setting up your eCommerce site with one of Square's eCommerce partners. There are several partners to choose from but I took a look and it appears that WooCommerce, Wix, Ecwid, and BigCommerce have Wishlist/Favorites features. I hope that helps! 

Helen

Seller Community Manager, Square

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others!
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Admin

Best Answer

@Claire2018 Hello! At this time a Wishlist feature isn't available with Square's Online Store. I'll share your interest in this with the Online Store team

If this functionality is very important for your business you could consider setting up your eCommerce site with one of Square's eCommerce partners. There are several partners to choose from but I took a look and it appears that WooCommerce, Wix, Ecwid, and BigCommerce have Wishlist/Favorites features. I hope that helps! 

Helen

Seller Community Manager, Square

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others!
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 41

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: square online store customer login

Hi, we have the new square online store.  Is there an option for a customer to create a login and wishlist?  I saw something in the community some time ago on the login but I can't find it.  I'm not seeing anything in our settings where we can set this up.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 41
Square Community Moderator

I've moved your post to this thread where another seller had the same question, @MoniJ. @Helen confirmed that this feature is not currently available with the Square Online Store. However, you can take a peek at her post above for some eCommmerce partner suggestions that do offer the 'wish list' feature you're looking for!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 41

Did anyone find a good solution for the wishlist? Thanks!

Message 5 of 41

I sell pottery and it would be super helpful to have a wishlist that might even be shareable come the holidays?

It would be a great way to build understanding of what my customer wants, how to market/serve them best and if that wishlist is sharable to social media with links friends and family could purchase for them or at the very least I'd get more brand recognition. 

If you have a work around on how I might do this now I'd love to hear it!

Thanks

Message 6 of 41

HI, I believe there is no Waitlist option on Square but you might be able to add a Waitlist by adding a page and using the Embed Option.  I'm not familiar with it but its worth a try.

Online Dashboard, Edit Site, Add Page, +Add Section, Embed Code

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 7 of 41

@Goldneye ahh, great workaround! Thanks for the help. 

@StudioBllc - I'd give Terri's idea a try. You might be interested in our partnered integrations, also. I moved you to this thread to see Helen's best answer up top. 

Justin
Message 8 of 41

I like your thinking and appreciate your creativeness. 

What I'm really looking for is kind of like a "registry" for a wedding type of thing where a customer can come to my site pick out something(s) they like and easily share it to social media..."Santa if you're on my FB feed, I'd like one of these." Type of thing. 

Is there a one button way to share my item(s) to FB?

I'm going to try out the "waitlist" for my monthly limited edition mugs! 

Thanks!

Message 9 of 41

Has Square added this feature yet? It would be extremely helpful!

Message 10 of 41
Admin

Hey @monomono!

No updates here at the moment unfortunately. We'll update this thread if things change in the future!

Seamus
Community Manager, Square
Message 11 of 41

Hey guys. Is there any way for customers to add a product they like to their favorites? I would love it if they could "heart" a product to save for later. 

Message 12 of 41

Hey @thedollvintage,

This Support Center article has a blurb in it on Favoriting items with Square for Retail here.

Is this what you were looking for?

Ashley C
Message 13 of 41

No, it looks like that's for the site owner to use to make finding products easier for themselves on the back end. I'm looking for something that customers can use when browsing the site. Most customers like to have a "wish list" or a "favorite list". Thanks. 

Message 14 of 41

Hey, @thedollvillage - Jumping in for Ashley since she is off today. Creating a "Wish List" on Square Online is still a feature request. As you can see in this thread where other sellers asked a similar question it’s been a popular request for a bit now. Like you, I'm also hoping this feature becomes available soon. I love to go on websites and create wishlist items to later come back and purchase them. 

You may want to research third-party app integrations that can be connected with your Square website. Square Marketplace offers a good list of apps, however, I didn’t find a specific "Wish List" app in there, sorry 😞

If this feature becomes available someday we will make sure to update you in our Seller Community. 

Have a great day! 😃

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 15 of 41

I am a retail business that sells only at trade shows and online.  I do not have a store front.  My customers are asking for 2 things.  One is a way to create a "wish list" with the items they would like to purchase in the future or have someone else buy for them in the future.  My online store does not appear to have a way for the potential customer to sign up and create a wish list.  Is it possible to add a link in the online store for my customer to give me all their contact info and add items to his or her wish list?

Second, as an added feature, can I add a layaway plan so my customer can buy an item with a few payments?  The open "open ticket" feature does not work well for me since most of my sales are online with out my knowledge.  I know Square Finance is is possible, but my items might not be enough to qualify for it.

Thanks Glen

Message 16 of 41
Admin

Hello @glenfarr, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Both of these would be feature requests for the Square Online Store. Currently we do not have a way for customers to create a wish list, but it's an interesting suggestion. 

Square Installments is available for purchases on Invoices and the Point of Sale app. While we don't have layaway directly on the Online Store, you could setup a customer on a recurring invoice and then ship out their item once all of the payments are made. You could add a contact us for layaway option on your site. 🙂

Message 17 of 41

So now that weebly is the new Square OnLine store, how do we create a Wish List for customers to keep / save their wanted items?  I'm not talking about an abandoned cart feature - I'm specifically looking for the Wish List option.  Thanks.

Message 18 of 41

Hey @brick

Welcome back to the Community!

I appreciate your feedback on the Online Store Wish List feature. This will be tagged for our Product Team, so they can get some eyes on it. 

Keep an eye out for Product Updates for any upcoming launches. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 19 of 41

This is an incredibly important feature. Does Square poll the seller community to determine what features are most important to sellers? 

Message 20 of 41

Hey @mooretoys,

Thanks for your added input on this feature request!

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Message 21 of 41