x

Feature Request: Wish list for customers to save items on my Square Online website

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Wishlist

Hi I'm looking to have a wishlist option on my website and wondered if it was something square could do. Customers want to be able to make a toy wishlist either in-store or online and send it to friends and family

Message 1 of 58
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Claire2018 Hello! At this time a Wishlist feature isn't available with Square's Online Store. I'll share your interest in this with the Online Store team

If this functionality is very important for your business you could consider setting up your eCommerce site with one of Square's eCommerce partners. There are several partners to choose from but I took a look and it appears that WooCommerce, Wix, Ecwid, and BigCommerce have Wishlist/Favorites features. I hope that helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

I would also like to express my interest in this feature. My customers may be students at home, and it would make things a lot easier if they could save their cart or at least print it (good god is the formatting bad when doing this) so that they can take it home to show their parents.

Message 43 of 58

Adding my vote for Registry / Wish List feature as well as Pre-Order (I do a work around now and it leads to lots of manual work to keep customers informed and happy). These two features would help boost sales volume and repeat business for our store. Thanks!

Message 44 of 58

Adding my vote for a gift registry option. I'd love for my customers to create a wish list that their family and friends can access.

Message 45 of 58
Beta Member

I find it very frustrating as a retailer to not have a wishlist/registry function on our website through Square/Weebly. It seems as though there is time to create updates, that are not helpful, but more so a hindrance, rather than create a feature that has been requested now for over two years based on previous threads I have reviewed.   

Message 46 of 58

I have also been looking for this. I resorted to paper form and people don't really use them. I've specifically had husbands reaching out and asking for an online wishlist that they could access. How nice would it be for a spouse to access their partner's wishlist from work and swing by and pick it up without them knowing. Please consider adding this feature, Square. We would all love it! 

Message 47 of 58
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @pepandpunch and @ashleycooper,

Thanks for being members of the Community and for taking the time to add your vote for this feature request!

I've gone ahead and moved your posts to a thread where we are continuing to track the feedback around this feature request. I can fully appreciate how having the ability for your customers to generate a Wish List would be a beneficial addition to the Square Online offerings. 

Currently, the only workaround here has been provided in the Best Answer on this thread and requires integration with a third-party platform.

While I don't have further news to share here at this time, I'll forward your feedback directly to our Product Team today.

We'll be sure to tag and update everyone in this thread once we have more information to share.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 48 of 58

Need Favorites/Wishlist to drive sales conversion rate. Is Instappy or Stylitics compatible?

Message 49 of 58

Hey, @BOSP thank you for your input. We currently do not have any integration or partnerships with Instappy or Stylitics at this time. I have passed your feedback on to our teams for a possible opportunity for future partnerships with these companies.

We'll definitely be sure to provide an update on this thread once we have an update on the availability of this feature. 

Message 50 of 58

On a recent search, I found a Wishlist App by Elfsight—compatible with Weebly, and “Coming Soon”. Is Squareup/Weebly aware? Elfsight seems familiar to me, like it’s shown up in the searches I’ve made in the last couple of years.

Message 51 of 58

Mmh, I tried searching for Elfsight on the Square Marketplace and couldn't find an app by that name. Are you able to download it and add it to your Weebly site from the Weebly dashboard? @BOSP 

Message 52 of 58

The Wishlist is mentioned on Elfsight:

https://elfsight.com/wishlist-widget/

Elfsight has Weebly listed as being compatible with it’s apps.

Message 53 of 58

Hey @BOSP thanks for your reply. 

In that case, I'd recommend embedding the code into your website to include this widget. To add embeddable code to your website:

1. From your Square Online site editor, open the page you want to add embeddable code to.
  2. Select +Add > Section and choose the Embed code section.
  3. In the editing panel, select Embed code and paste your code into the text box.
  4. Publish your site to see the changes live.

Learn more about adding embed code to your website.

Message 54 of 58

I've scanned this thread and can see that Weebly doesn't have the functionality for a registry - here's my vote for one - but has anyone found a work-around? I keep scanning through answers and haven't found anything, but this is such a long thread that I could be missing it. 

Message 55 of 58

Any updates on the wishlist option?

Message 56 of 58

I just checked Elfsight for its Weebly-compatible Wishlist, which was to be “Coming Soon”. Now it seems that If it comes at all, it will be later than sooner. I will be retired by then. 

Message 57 of 58

would love to have their feature too! lots of customers asking. 

Message 58 of 58