x

Feature Requests - Gift Cards/Square Loyalty in Australia and support for weighted scales

Hi, 

Thanks for offering this thread. I have a couple of ideas. 

Firstly - Offer Gift Cards in Australia. This is a feature that is making a client of mine want to move systems. 

Secondly - With the gift cards it would be cool if you could add them to Apple Pay as a NFC Pass so the customers can Tap their iPhone's on the tap and go reader. 

Thridly - Offer Sqaure Loyalty in Australia. This is another feature that is making a client of mine want to move systems. It would be cool if the customer could add their loyalty account to Apple Wallet and see their stars and then instore tap their iPhone on the Tap reader and collect their rewards! 

Forthly - ADD intergration for Bluetooth Scales or weighted amounts! OMG this is a must have and please bring it soon!!! 

Thanks,

Daniel 

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

@danielfeo, thanks for your reply to my thread about feature requests. I'll make sure to take these ideas back to our product teams to let them know what's not working well for you. I know we've definitely heard the need for some of them before - like the need for supporting weight-based items - check out this thread "How are others that price by a decimal quantities working their charges?" and subscribe to it for updates in the future. 

Thanks again for taking the time to post and sharing your thoughts! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Best Answer

@danielfeo, thanks for your reply to my thread about feature requests. I'll make sure to take these ideas back to our product teams to let them know what's not working well for you. I know we've definitely heard the need for some of them before - like the need for supporting weight-based items - check out this thread "How are others that price by a decimal quantities working their charges?" and subscribe to it for updates in the future. 

Thanks again for taking the time to post and sharing your thoughts! 

Message 2 of 9

PLEASE add gift cards for Australian customers! even if you only implemented egift cards that will be a huuuuge improvement! thanks

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Hey @uscprint,

We're working on it!

While I don't have an ETA to share right now, gift cards are not too far off 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Hi Sheamus,

Since May in the forums the square team has advised this is a feature thats 'coming.' 

Please look into the egift at the minimum first, surely the creation and implementation of a transaction feature for your POS for a gift card shouldnt take 4 months?

I appreciate you guys take on feedback but lets make this happen, otherwise i also am going to consider swithing POS softwares, its pretty fundamental for businesses in 2018 to have gift cards...

Regards

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Hey @adking123,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've been continuing to work towards introducing gift cards for Square in Australia and they remain a high priority for us - we understand that our merchants want gift card support and a significant amount of work has been put into getting this system up and running.

While it's not quite there yet and I don't have an ETA to share at the moment, we're aiming for a 2018 release and hope to have more to share about gift cards soon!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 9
Admin

@danielfeo @uscprint gift cards are now available in Australia 🎊

Read more here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 9

Any progress on Loyalty Cards?

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Hey @Sphinta,

While we don't have a card-based loyalty system available via Square, we launched Square Loyalty late last year in Australia!

This is a SMS based loyalty program, rather than card based - click on the above link for more and feel free to let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 9 of 9