x

Is there an option for loyalty points to be earned on specific menu items only?

I own a coffe house and need to set loyalty points for drinks purchased.  Not total spent. Is there a way to set points to be rewarded only on specific menu items? Like:1 punch per drink ordered?  I can't used the total spent because we also sell merchandise. I don't want to give rewards for anything but drinks. 

Message 1 of 95
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there an option for loyalty points to be earned on specific menu items only?

Hi y'all!

You can now exclude specific items or categories so that customers are only earning points on the items you select 

Learn more by heading to this post by @Helen where she outlines the details ~ as always, let us know if questions come up.

Verified Answer

Re: prevent rewards from being used on specific items

While it isn't currently possible to exclude specific items from loyalty redemption per-say, you do have some adjustable settings when editing the Redeeming Rewards portion of your Loyalty program, @kaliann91.

Instead of selecting Discount Entire Sale, you could choose any of the other options as Reward Types to ensure that the items you do not want to be discounted will not be included as a reward. I hope this helps!

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi y'all!

You can now exclude specific items or categories so that customers are only earning points on the items you select 

Learn more by heading to this post by @Helen where she outlines the details ~ as always, let us know if questions come up.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 95 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

HI, hopefully this Square Support page will help.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3952-create-a-loyalty-program-with-square

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 85 of 95

Thank you for the info... unless I'm missing it, I did not see anything in there on how to exclude specific items in the library from receiving points. That's what I need to do. 

Message 86 of 95

HI, I was able to find a Square discussion on your topic here.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-for-Restaurants-Community/Is-there-an-option-for-loyalty-p...

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 87 of 95
Beta Member

I have the same question, but the conversation you referred to doesn't answer it for me. My customers earn 1 point for every dollar spent on merchandise. I also teach classes in my shop, and loyalty points should not be earned for that. How can I make sure my customers get their loyalty points for any merchandise, but NOT for class fees? Thanks!

Message 88 of 95
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TabbyTree,

At this time, there's not a way to exclude just your classes in Loyalty from the merchandise.

Ashley C
Message 89 of 95

Hi!  We are trying to set up some way to exclude specific items from counting towards loyalty rewards.  I'm pretty confident there is no way to do that now, but if there is I would love to hear about it.  

Right now, it looks like the only two ways to accomplish the task are to either not record the customer on the transaction, or go in after the fact and take the points away from the customer.  Its only a few items (for events) that are being treated this way.

Message 90 of 95
Beta Member

I would like to be able to exclude certain categories/items from "amount spent" method of loyalty program.

Currently, I have loyalty program set up so that customers receive 1 point for every dollar spent.

This presents a problem when a customer purchase multiple products/services at once, for one of which, must be excluded. In that case, I reward points for the entire transaction and then remove points manually, which is not ideal.

Message 91 of 95
Admin

Really appreciate this feedback @Qchivers. Certainly happy to pass it up the line to our Product teams. Feel free to reach out if you think of anything else that could help the Loyalty experience flow a bit better!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 92 of 95

I'm really struggling with paying for a service that is not as robust as it should be. I would really like to see the ability for us to:

1. Exclude certain categories & items from the program. My clearance bin (I have it in a category in Square) should not earn points nor should my customers be able to use an additional discount. I am not going to add every single category in the system BUT that one; there should just be a section for excluding.

2. There should be an option for customers to NOT earn points on the sale where they USE points. 

Tags (1)
Message 93 of 95
Admin

Hey @thefibreshop. I can understand the need for some more functionality. Really appreciate you taking the time to share the ways that we could better our Loyalty program. I can pass this feedback to our Product teams for future development. Thanks again!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 94 of 95
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi y'all!

Valentina
Message 95 of 95