x

Feature request: Currency conversion

I'm in the U.S. Occasionally, I'll negotiate a rate with a foreign client who wants to pay, let's say, 100 Euros. I would like an option to set the currency on my invoice rather than consult with sometimes unreliable currency conversion calculators when trying to bill my client.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @dfwactor!

Thank you so much for the feedback on this! I would be more than happy to pass this along to our Product Team. I am sure other sellers would benefit from this too. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

We currently have a Square account in which we bill our clients in the US and Canada in US dollars. Our company is opening a new section in which we will provide services to clients in Australia. We would like to be able to send them invoices in AUS dollars. Is that possible? Could I open a second Square account for only the Australian transactions. 

Thanks!

Sherrie

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Hi @Sherrie1 

You can definitely open up another account to separate your Australian sales (or create a separate location in your existing account), but I'm afraid you cannot send invoices in other currencies. 

When an international card is processed,  your customers' card issuing bank will convert the currency for you. 

Justin
Message 4 of 6

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Is there a way to create international invoices ( u.k)?

Hello,

I’m based in the USA but I would like to create and send invoices using GBP instead of $ is this possible?

Thanks,

Nay

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Hey @NY1209

Looks like someone asked a similar question on this thread - changing the currency when creating an invoice is not supported with Square Invoices. 

I moved your post so we can continue tracking this feature request. 

Justin
Message 6 of 6