x

Feature request: invoicing hours

I'm a web designer and I use the system for invoices to clients. I need to be specific about the amount of hours billed and the specific task. I bill in quarter hour increments. This means I can't use the invoicing system for the list of items. Instead, I have to create it in another program, create a PDF, and then attach it to an invoice that just has the total amount on it.

I tried using the quanity has quarter of an hour, but clients got very confused and freaked out (this small task took 4 hours?!?!). So I really need to be able to do quantities like 0.25, 0.75, 1.5, etc.

I'm sure there are a lot of service based folks out there who could really use this as well. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

Good news for you today!  Square has just released a beta test of exactly what you're looking for - partial quantities of items.  If all goes well, they could release it widely within a few months or so (at least for the iOS version - the Android version will probably be somewhat behind that.)  Note that I can't speak for Square, but this is what they've put out to the public so far.  Click here to go to the thread with their announcement.  Believe me, a lot of people who use Square have been waiting for this, and it's nearly upon us.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 7

Nice! I don't use the app, just the online system via my computer. So it doesn't matter to me much if it's available for my Android phone or not. I just want to be able to fully use the system instead of having to do some in Square and some in Excel/Word. 

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

I edited my earlier answer to include a link to the site where Square announces the news.  Check it out if you want to.

Fingers crossed, we're near the finish line here.

Judy T Shumway
Message 4 of 7

It's funny, because I asked Square about this on their Twitter and they're the ones who told me to come here and post it as a feature request. Guess their social media folks need to keep up with their news. 😉

Message 5 of 7

I am freelance web developer and all of my invoicing is based on hours completed. I was wondering if the following was possible:

1. Add my hourly price? It's quite annoying to have to manually add this each time, since as a dev items aren't really regular. It would be awesome to have the ability to add a custom hourly price for each client.
  2. Rename quantity to hours
  3. Ability to add decimals such as 1.5 to the now quantity column, as of now I have to manually calculate this.

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @jarkin13!

We found a thread with some useful information you'd want to see on this so we moved your post here.

Hope this helps!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7