x
Alumni

¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo🎉! How are you celebrating?

Cinco de Mayo is observed to commemorate the Battle of Puebla which took place 1862 in Mexico. It’s mostly celebrated in the state of Puebla in Mexico with parades, re-enactments, and traditional folkloric dancing. In the United States, it’s widely celebrated by observing Mexican heritage and eating delicious Mexican food. 

Today we want to encourage sellers to support their local Mexican food restaurant. You can do this by purchasing E-Gift cards through the Give and Get Local website. There are also several businesses who are offering curbside-pick up and local delivery. Other fun ideas: making your favorite recipes with your friends on virtual conference calls, reading about the history of the Battle of Puebla, or taking an online Margarita making class. Eventbrite offers several free events such as trivia, comedy shows, and mixology classes. Personally, I’ll be indulging in tacos and ordering pick up from my favorite Mexican taqueria. After all, it is Taco Tuesday so what better way to celebrate? 

giphy (6).gif

Our Question to the Community: How will you be celebrating Cinco de Mayo? Feel free to send us pictures, any favorite recipes or comment below! 

Tagging a few, but anyone is welcome to share: @LadaLadies , @porktaco , @delpueblobeer , @StreetTacosSLC , @drivebytacos, @mexicanosabor , @440burrito , @cabanamexico, @Senorbeef 

*Para nuestros vendedores hispanohablantes, hemos lanzado la Comunidad de Vendedores¡Le invitamos a que se introduzca, comparta su conocimiento de Square y participe!

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Very cool. Thanks for sharing this, @Ani_! I'm realizing it's been ages since I've had Mexican food and I'm specifically craving chips, guacamole, and fish tacos — gotta celebrate when Cinco de Mayo falls on Taco Tuesday. 💯

For those interested in taking a look at what other restaurants have been up to recently, be sure to check out our culinary lead's Future of Food series:

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller Alumni

Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing those online & virtual courses - that margarita class sounds droptastic!

And that gif is incredible.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 3