x
Super Seller

FreshKDS Ticket Name for Online Store Orders

Greetings,

I use FreshKDS as my “printer” for a couple of prep stations in my cafe.  In their latest version, they have added the ability to send SMS messages to customers informing them when their order is ready to pickup at my service window.  They do this by parsing a phone number that we key in as part of the “Ticket Name” field (see attached POS screen shot).

In order for this to work seamlessly with my Online Store, it would be ideal if Square could save online store transactions with similar information — the customer’s name (which is already saved to the transaction and sent to FreshKDS) AND the phone number the customer provides.  That way when we mark an order as ready on the FreshKDS screen, the customer would get the “ready” text.

Obviously, I am aware that IF customers opt-in to messages from Square’s online store, we can accomplish the same task from the Orders screen.  But if customers forget or choose not to opt-in for messages from Square, which they do often, then they won’t get the message that their order is ready.  In addition, it would be much easier from a training/employee standpoint if we consistently sent texts from one tablet (ie - the FreshKDS tablet) rather than having to remember that some messages come from one source, and other from another source.

FYI — my online store page does have a banner at the top that tells customers that they WILL receive a text at the number they provide.  There are no surprises about this for people ordering through the online store.  See second screen shot attached.

Is this possible to make this happen when the online store creates the transaction?

Thanks,

Chip

PS — this is how we are handling COVID-19 restrictions.  We have only outside self-service tables, with no table service.  All customers receive text when it is safe for them to approach our window to pick up their order, even those who initially order at the window before sitting down.  This allows us to control traffic and reduce contact between guests at our window.

718CDEB2-EF65-43FD-9F7F-D023E4E2C594.png75E47FA2-250D-4A7D-AE8D-C9BAEB78EB47.png

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

I just noticed this, so I’m adding it.  We just got a delivery order through our online store.  I’m attaching a screen shot which shows that the phone number WAS passed onto the transaction (and picked up by FreshKDS) for delivery orders.  However, as I said earlier, this is not true for pickup orders.  So maybe this is just a minor bug that can be corrected easily?

Chip

D169D277-C1B6-41D0-BB67-3C19E3ADA7EB.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2