x

Future Updates Thread

Wanted to start a convo about any future updates and ideas everyone would like to see? Hopefully the team will see the thread and implement some. 

Some ideas I have

-Catagories would be great if you could add an image  so it can be seen in the quick menu for faster identifying.

- Quick menu is a great idea, would love to see more customising of the buttons maybe unused buttons disappear making used ones larger.

-Modifiers, being able to do a discount through modifiers.

- adding a surcharge option so customers pay the 1.9% fee.

Just a few to start thanks everyone.

Grant

Message 1 of 2
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Future Updates Thread

Hi @NazNgrant,

First off, thanks for taking the time to document your feature requests for the Square Point of Sale app. I'm the Product Manager here in Australia, and I wanted to let you know that seller feedback is key in implementing new features in our hardware and software - so thank you!

Adding images to category tiles is something we hear about fairly often, but at the moment I'm not aware of any plans to implement this into the Point of Sale app in the near future. Same goes for discounts as modifiers on items in your Point of Sale - however, I can see how this feature might be useful in quickly discounting items at check-out, so I'd be happy to submit this feedback to our development team in the US.

That being said, you can easily create discounts and add them to your item grid to quickly add a discount to the overall sale with a single tap. You can also discount individual items by tapping on them in the item list in Checkout view, but I understand how having this flow as part of the modifier menu would make things a little easier!

Many Australian Square sellers ask us about a native surcharging feature being built into the Point of Sale app - I know this is something that is being scoped by our team, but is a complex problem to solve for given that surcharging is not permitted in certain states and territories in the US, as well as the UK. Whilst our team tries to solve for this, you'll need to manually add any surcharges to the overall cost of the transaction.

Thanks again for your feedback and for your support of Square - feel free to let us know if you have any more feedback or questions.

1 REPLY 1
Square

Hi @NazNgrant,

First off, thanks for taking the time to document your feature requests for the Square Point of Sale app. I'm the Product Manager here in Australia, and I wanted to let you know that seller feedback is key in implementing new features in our hardware and software - so thank you!

Adding images to category tiles is something we hear about fairly often, but at the moment I'm not aware of any plans to implement this into the Point of Sale app in the near future. Same goes for discounts as modifiers on items in your Point of Sale - however, I can see how this feature might be useful in quickly discounting items at check-out, so I'd be happy to submit this feedback to our development team in the US.

That being said, you can easily create discounts and add them to your item grid to quickly add a discount to the overall sale with a single tap. You can also discount individual items by tapping on them in the item list in Checkout view, but I understand how having this flow as part of the modifier menu would make things a little easier!

Many Australian Square sellers ask us about a native surcharging feature being built into the Point of Sale app - I know this is something that is being scoped by our team, but is a complex problem to solve for given that surcharging is not permitted in certain states and territories in the US, as well as the UK. Whilst our team tries to solve for this, you'll need to manually add any surcharges to the overall cost of the transaction.

Thanks again for your feedback and for your support of Square - feel free to let us know if you have any more feedback or questions.

Message 2 of 2