x

Google Calendar Sync refuses to auto-push updates, especially after cancellations

I use Square appointments for my online live music lessons I teach in voice and piano via Zoom video chat to people from around the world.  

I am having issues with Square appointments sending push updates and syncing the calendar to Google Calendar.

For example... this morning I thought I had a 2 hour lesson, but when I showed up... they weren't online.  After going to the Square website, I saw that the appointment had been cancelled days ago, but it was never pushed as an update to my google calendar after they cancelled.

I have to go into Square Calendar Settings and manually click the "Refresh Calendar" to get it to sync.  Unacceptable.

Square just wasted 2 hours of my time that I could of scheduled with someone else.

When are they going to fix this????  It's NOT a new problem.  I've reported it before a couple times over the months since I switched to Square appointments from Appointment-Plus.com.

And no.. it's not my browser.  It's showing up as wrong on ALL devices across the spectrum.  It's literally Square not syncing.

Arrrgh!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Came here for this issue... sad to see there's no reply. 

Message 2 of 7

When an appointment is cancelled in square, it remains on my Google calendar until I force a calendar a refresh. 

Can't tell you how many times I've looked like an idiot because I thought I had an appointment when it was cancelled. 

Message 3 of 7

@JustinC 

Thanks for putting this on the same topic. Is there a solution for this? 

Thanks. 

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

@MyMusicExpert @Staniford thanks for posting! And sorry to hear your trouble with google cal syncing. Have you both tried resyncing the calendar all together opposed to refreshing it? That usually does the trick for most Sellers. 

PS @Standiford - The Seller Community is intended for seller to seller interactions. As moderators, our focus here is to drive conversations and organize content by relevant threads so you can easily find answers to your questions. If you're looking for immediate and tailored support, our standby Support Team can be reached here.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

Stephanie at Appointments helped me fix it. 

I had to go into my Google Calendar settings and share it with the email address I use in Square. Give the address permission to manage events. Worked like a charm during the test. Hopefully it stays that way!

Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Oh Sweet!! Hopefully you don't run into any more issues, but if you do, you know where to find us! 

@Standiford

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7