x

Google Pay

I noticed that there is now a Google Pay option for my customers to make a payment. If they make payment with GPay and I am not  setup with Gpay (meaning I have never set up a wallet with them - nor do I want to) what happens on my end with the $ if they pay with GPay?

I am assuming the payment would somehow convert from GPay to Square to me - but I am not sure.

Again, I do not want to update my Google account by adding a wallet in order to receive Gpay transactions.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Gizmo_Tech_Man,

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for bringing this up! There's no need to set up or edit your personal Google account when accepting Google Pay—the payment option is available with the Contactless and Chip Reader.

For more information, have a look at George's reply in this thread: Does Square accept Apple Pay and Google Pay?

Hope this helps clear things up! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

I noticed GPAY is showing up for one of my donation items but not the other two. The only difference I see is that the one donation that it shows up on has a fixed donation amount to offer. The other two allow the customer to enter in their own donation. As I don't see a way to make GPAY show up, is this the reason or am I missing a setting that would allow it to show up on the other two donation items?

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Are you able to share one of the links that Google Pay isn't working on @PolishedArrow?

Thanks in advance!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

https://polished-arrow.square.site/product/school-supply-donations/34?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=f...

IT's not that it isn't working - it's not showing up and I don't know why it did on one page but not on this one

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Your customer must select a donation amount before Google Pay will show up, @PolishedArrow.

I hope this helps clarify how this works!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6