x

Google SEO Search dilemma

I purchased a domain name and got it registered and switched from using the free .square.site/  account to a .com account. However, I tried searching for my business on Google search and realized that my .square.site/   URL is recognized separately from my .com URL. In fact, my .square.site/   is located at the top of the Google search page with a verified icon, and my .com website is way down at the bottom with no verification icon. How can I fix this, please?

I also noticed that when I tried to connect my .com website with my Instagram to create an Instagram shop, it doesn't recognize my .com URL as my own, but rather my  .square.site/ . Has anyone ever had this problem? It is really puzzling. What can I do to solve this, please?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

HI, a domain change does take time so the search engines can recognize your site.  Your .square.site is established and recognized.  Your .com will be eventually, unfortunately it is not instant.  It is ok to have both.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Ill give you the hard truth.  SEO takes a lot of time and has a lot of variables. 

Its not uncommon for a facebook / instagram or square booking site to rank higher than your website. 

Ill give you some milestones to even start making a dent.  1k website visits a month and 25 reviews on your google business page if you have one. 

Before that, google kinda treats you like a rogue website.  (dont quote me on the exact milestones, this is just when I noticed a difference) 

If you are searching for your exact business name, even that can take a week or so. And you might not even rank #1 for your exact business name if your business name uses competitive keywords.  

Message 3 of 3