x
Beta Member

Grants and Funding

Hi guys! 

I live in a small city and am looking to obtain a grant that could be helpful for my business to purchase new supplies, tools, furniture, etc. I'm not exactly sure where to turn and even if I can't find a grant, if anyone has any good loan opportunities or lenders that they can recommend, that would be great!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

I've used grants in the past and had great success with them.  I would recommend googling grants for small businesses.  I found several that way.  Not all am I eligible for but I spent a few hours gathering information on what was out there and how to apply.  Then I just sat down and applied to the ones I thought were a good fit for my business.  Obviously, they have limited funds so not every grant you apply for will be awarded to you. 

Some tips:

• Have a clear business plan. 
  • A clear plan for the grant
  • Be prepared to show receipts, reports, and tax information to back up your grant proposal and grant spending
  • It is a numbers game.  Apply to all that fit your business and don't bother wasting time on ones you clearly don't match with. 
  • Don't use the same pitch for every grant.  Make sure you are customizing it to the grant application.  
  • I don't apply to any that require me to pay an "application fee" or join a membership but that may work for you.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

these are great suggestions- I would also recommend you get in touch with your local SBA (small business association) office for help with the above.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 3 of 3