x
Admin

Hardware FAQs: Square Reader, Square Stand and Square Terminal

If you're choosing Square POS hardware for your business we know you might have a few questions! In this post we're sharing some frequently asked questions. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to let us know.

Square Hardware FAQs

How can I compare Square hardware? 

Visit our comparison website: Compare Square Hardware.

What are Square’s fees?  

Square’s Support Centre has detailed information about Square’s per-transaction fees

How can I learn more about paying in instalments? 

Learn more about Instalments for Square Hardware in our Support Centre.

Where can I find out which hardware accessories are compatible with Square? 

Read our Hardware Compatibility by Device article for the most up to date information about supported cash drawers, receipt printers, kitchen ticket printers, and barcode scanners.

Is Square Register available in the UK? 

At the time of writing Square Register is not available in the UK. As soon as we launch Square Register in the UK we’ll let you know! 

Can I use a Square Reader or Square Terminal that I purchased in the US or Canada? 

Square Readers and the Square Terminal can only be used in the country in which you've activated your account. For example, to use Square Reader in the UK that reader must have been purchased in the UK.

Can I use Square for Restaurants on Square Terminal? 

At this time you cannot download the Square for Restaurants Point of Sale app onto Square Terminal, but you can still take advantage of some Square for Restaurants features using Square. Learn more in our Support Centre.

Can I expedite my hardware order to receive it in 1-2 working days?

Yes! Expedited delivery pricing is available for a fee. Select this option at checkout to view pricing information. 

How do I compare Square Stand and Square Terminal?

Visit our Support Centre for a detailed comparison between Square Stand and Square Terminal.

To ask another question sign in and click Reply below.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Missed a question there @Helen - when are we getting the Square Register!

As some seller feedback - the hardware orders have always been really smooth & even though I’ve never upgraded to the speedy delivery they’ve always got to me in super quick time 👍🏻

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 3
Admin

@Sam_400º ‌ I don't have a timeline to share just yet 😊‌. We will keep you posted! 

Thanks for the feedback about hardware orders too - glad to hear it!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 3