x

Has any had problems splitting checks

Lately we have had trouble with servers being able to split checks.  As they split the check when they go to save or print the items move around to the wrong checks.   Any one having the same problem.  This just started about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks 

Rachel

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hello @RachelMangia!

What kind of device and app are you using? 

Sounds like it might be a local issue, some tips for resolving are: 

-Making sure your software is up to date (both operating system and app)

-Restarting your hardware

-Deleting app then re-installing

Let us know if that works!

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

I am having the same problem, especially for large tables with multiple splits  I am going to try the above tips and see if they work

Message 3 of 9

I have been having similar issues recently, but rather than having split checks curiously move items, I have had large checks drop some of the items onto a newly created check.  This happened tonight to a server who entered all items for the system on one POS station.  The two desserts ordered at the end of the meal printed on the receipt, but when she went to process payment, they were not in the items listed on the ticket.  Instead, they were on a newly created ticket - which she did not create.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Anyone with similar issues?  Thanks. 

Message 4 of 9

Hello @MapleSoul

I noticed it's your first Community post, welcome! We're always happy to see new faces. 

Have you had a chance to try the troubleshooting steps above?

Also, if you could provide details about the device you are using, that would be helpful. 

Let me know!

Frances
Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

I have some problems. When I split more then 3 check the rest of check will be $0 and I have to split it over and over again so right now if I have spilt more 4 check I need to open 4 tables .. and I’m restaurants plus paying $60 every month and I have more the 4 anther Device. So I need someone to call me or email to tell me what I should do 

Message 6 of 9

Hey there, @Mazika0777 

This sounds like a good question for our Restaurants team.

They can take a look at your account with you to take a closer look at your situation here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

F4DB4DC0-9389-4610-B007-2B2752D7C828.jpeg

Updating Media

Hi everyone. I hope someone can help from square  to tell me what I should do I pay + plant so I can get everything but still not work. I can’t split check when I have big table for example I record one  video so she what happed when spilt check more then 4 check on seam table. 2 check coming right and rest of check is 0000000. 

Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

I did and they told me will call me back with answer but never done it only think send me email and told me I can’t call you back but send me email  tell me how split the check and I already know .. 

Message 9 of 9